Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob Kellett

Is a UPS livery possible?

Bob,I've closed out my 6/700 livery duty now that we're getting into the 8/900. I'd be willling to do a 8/900 UPS if you can wait that long. I'm sure some one will step up and do a 700 in the mean time.

how do any of the cargo carrier liveries work since there is no cargo version of the model??I have not seen a photo of the FedX livery yet but I assume that there is a window row? Is that realistic??just curious

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Why would you want an Unbelievably Poor Service livery anyway?;)

Eric 

Mike,since this is a fantasy livery, I based it on the 727 version FedEX used to fly. The only windows are in the over wing emergecy exit doors.

Guest rcarlson123

I think Mike was asking if the full row of windows shows up in any livery. I believe the answer is no, and that the windows are part of the livery itself, and not part of the model, so you can do a cargo livery no problem.The livery artists among us can correct me if I'm wrong.

Ross, that indeed is my questioncan anyone post up an exterior shot of the FedX livery?? I suspect the complete window line will show? (thus in the model)

Boeing produces the 737-700 Convertible, which is their 737 freighter offering. I've based the FedEx on this model and added the winglet option as I believe FedEx would do if they operated the type. The window treatment, as far as I can determine, is correct for the type I've modeled. The US Navy also operates the type and is called a C-40A Clipper with it's windows unblanked.

Guest rcarlson123

Pete, he's asking if the windows show up regardless of the livery. In other words, are they part of the aircraft model (the 3d model) as opposed to part of the livery. I believe it's the latter.

OK, yes you are correct. It's a seperate layer of the livery.

ok, now I am really confused, since I have not seen a shot of the exterior, let me ask it this way;on the current FedX livery only ONE of the 3 statements below is correct;1. most of the seat windows with 'glass' (glass color) are shown2. most of the seat windows with 'blanks' (skin color) are shown3. most of the seat windows are not shown (i.e. no window frames)and the correct answer is...?