Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scoobe

Thanks for all the new Paint schemes....and a question.

Guest Scoobe

They all look great! I especially love the Southwest Shamu and the American AIrlines liverys. I have never painted a plane for flight simulator. However, are there certain liverys which are harder to paint than others? which are they. Just curious.Thanks Again.Robert

Robert,we're glad you're enjoying them! For me, the Shamu and the AA's were not that hard to do. The alignment of some of the elements on some of the liveries, such as the aft section of the SWA Spirit and Classic liveries for instance, just takes time. What is hard for me to do are liveries that I don't have a emotional connection to. By that I mean, I've seen the livery either in person or in pictures and like it. The SN Brussels for instance is one that I really like, I've only seen it in pictures and enjoyed doing painting it. There are others that I've done by request or to finish out a series of liveries that I don't have any reaction to. These are the hardest for me to do. Graphically, these are really not that tough. These are just pixels. Use the right series of pixels and you can just about duplicate anything. I've got a Northwest Airlines livery using their new silver based color and this one is tough for me to do. I like the older red, white and blue version and that silver, for me, is tough to get to look convincing in FS9. It should not shine like the AA's. It should have a sort of mother of pearl finish, at least that's how I would do it. So this one sits on my harddrive until I can return to it and work on this pearl finish some more.So in a nut shell, for me it's not the complexity of a livery that makes one tough, it's if I like the livery I'm doing.

Guest jdrago

Is there a way to add the stairs to the various Southwest 737-700 schemes? I fly mostly SWA and they are one of a few that don't have any stairs associated.Thanks in advance,John Drago

John, Since Southwest's 737-700's are not equipped with the stairs we did not include them.

Guest jdrago

I'm assuming there's no way for me to add them?ThanksJohn

Guest jdrago

Thanks, I appreciate it!