Sign in to follow this  
Guest radarbeam

Around the world with the NG

Guest radarbeam

I've decided to fly the PMDG 737 on an around the world flight. I started in Eastern Canada a couple of days ago and I'm in Greenland now. I'm really excited about this, trying out the NG in every possible condition, from the freezing temperatures of Canada and Greenland to the hot gooey of Middle East, Australia and South America. From the beautiful weather of the Mediteranean to the soupy weather often found in England. I'll post a copy of my flight plan at the bottom of the post, but it is subject to change as I will probably add more destinations and more countries to it. If you have any suggestions on nice places to visit please let me know, I'd love to visit your hometown.I would also want to ask you guys if any of you knows about an easy webpage maker preferably freeware as I would like to post all the screenshots I will be taking and also post comments about the flights. I know nothing about HTML so a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) program would be the best.Here's a couple of shots I took during the first 2 legs of my world tour.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/56927.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/56928.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/56930.jpgFor those interested here's the initial copy of my route.1 Depart: Baie-Comeau [CYBC] ATC : n.a. 0 nm 00:00 --> Climb to 33000 feet.3 Waypoint: Lourdes-De-Blanc-Sablon [CYBX] APT 94

Good luck, Nick. As far as I know, only a couple have tried it so far.Looking at your first pic, it appears you chose Narsarsuaq as a convenient stopover.... as I did on my Eastbound trip :-)Should be an interesting flight. Let us know how you progress.Cheers.Ian.P.S. I found London City a bit of a challenge. I don't recall it being in my database, so I had to fly down the Thames River to find it. It's just beyond the Canary Wharf tower, I recall.

Guest thscholz

>Looking at your first pic, it appears you chose Narsarsuaq as>a convenient stopover.... as I did on my Eastbound trip>:-)Well, Ian, that unmasked you!;-) CheersThomas

Not that I want to spoil your fun but if you attempt to land at London City in a 737NG you will possibly:1) end up in the Thames2) upset the locals (cockney's dont like loud aeroplanes)3) be arrested for flying a non-approved aircraft into a STOL airport!Other than that - best of luck! I will wave when I see you fly over..CheersAdam MooreRegistered PMDG 737MG owner