Sign in to follow this  
BAW9DV

Unable to purchase 737 NG product

Hi there,First visit to this forum and directed here by my colleagues at BAV...For some reason I am unable to purchase the above product. I can easily navigate the PMDG site with no problems. Click on SALES, went to accept the terms about no refunds which takes me to the page where I tick the box for the 737 NG product. On clicking the PURCHASE tab, Internet Explorer just sits there and no matter what I do I cannot get to the purchase page!I use Windows 98 SE with Internet Explorer 5.5 fully updated on a broadband system. No problems with other sites.Can anyone here give me any pointers as to how I might be able to make the purchase?Is the purchase page down ?Thanks for any assistance you might be able to give as I have had no reponse to an email to the webmaster.Cheers,kind regards,

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Thanks for both your replies.>>BTW, you may also try updating your browser. Current IEversion is 6.0.2800.<I don't understand it. I get this problem with about maybe two or three sites here and there now and again (could not purchase ZoneAlarm from the ZoneLabs site, same problem) but I can purchase everywhere else.I have cleaned my cache in IE and by using the same function in ZoneAlarm but I still cannot get to the purchasing option.This is a real let down for me because I have been flying the 747-400 and testing various models of that jet in FS for about 7 years now since Craig Mosher's original with FlightShop, and I was looking forward to flight testing and maybe reviewing it when it arrives.But since I cannot purchase the 737NG I have no hope of getting the 747-400 unless you will allow another purchase option such as JustFlight or Flight1.I'll keep trying.Again, my thanks for your response.Kind regards,

Lee James

spacer.png

Hi again,Ok, having talked with a friend of mine this morning, who is in the Phillipines (my brother-in-law actaully, a software developer), I took the plunge and upgraded to IE 6 (version 6.00.2800.1106 is the latest). Apparently, most of the bugs reported with Win98x use have been dealt with.I then cleared my cache and Temporary Internet Files and History options from the Internet Tools/Options menu before going back to the PMDG page. I then shutdown ZoneAlarm and my Pest Patrol software leaving only my Anti-virus programme, Kaspersky, open.Still get the same problem! It will not let me get to the purchase page! It just won't load after attempting to go to the page!I have checked my security setting in IE and they are not high. I can think of no other way to resolve this.Any offers ?Kind regards,

Lee James

spacer.png

Ok latest!I have at last been able to purchase and download the product!In the end I opted to use a different web browser to do it and it worked. I now have the product and I'll install it tonight.Now to get the manuals.take care,regards,

Lee James

spacer.png

Hi John,

Glad it worked out for you in the end Lee!
Yes, me too! I began the Advance Tutorial the other night. Have to say that this plane, although a bit heavy on framerates in FS2002 (Athlon 1900XP, 512MB, 64MB GeForce 3 card) it flies like a dream! The automatics are wonderful.The turns are a little steep but the FMC and all its functions are pretty awesome.I am however, getting a "FS encountered a problem" message on shutdown of FS2002 - I'm prompted to "send a report".Not a real issue for me since the sim works and I can exit but it is unusual.I have everything installed correctly including the addition files needed for users of OS's other than XP (I use Win98 SE until I upgrade next month).But, wow, a great plane!Would love to be able to flight test the 747-400 when it comes but I guess the wonderful people here already have their test team in place by now.Anyway, thanks for all your help mate and the help that others have provided.Kind regards,

Lee James

spacer.png