Sign in to follow this  
Guest caddis44

PMDG 737 Next Generation

Guest caddis44

I am contemplating buying this plane...but I usually only have time for short flights. If I want to save my flight and return to it later, can I do it easily?

Well yes and no, no in that the save feature is *limited* although you will be able to get the FMC going again it will not have *all* the data upon loading the save flight but is possible to re-activate in flight. This is due in part to how *certain* aspects of the plane were designed, hopefully we will see a change in this for the 800-900 to give us the full saved scenarios ...

Guest ba747heavy

The short answer is no. This plane is so far from a default aircraft that it simply cannot save the necessary information into the FS flight data save file, and it isn't the NG's fault. FS is designed this way. It can be worked around(ala 767 PIC), but at this time it can't. Like Randy said, hopefully in the future we will see this functionality programmed in.

You could just pick some short flights. I'm not too fussed about realism as far as routes are concerned. I simulate all sorts of short hops and commuter trips, mainly in the UK and Europe where distances aren't too great and I know my way around. Most flights are between 45mins and 90mins. This way you get plenty of take-offs and landings as well! Or set up some training circuits (but don't load too much fuel) and pretend you're a new pilot being checked out.What I'm really saying is don't let this minor problem (which is being sorted)stop you from getting this fabulous aircraft. Ian

I agree with Ian. Initially, i stopped using the NG because i never had time to complete a flight. Now however, i just fly short "domestic" flights which are better than ever now that the excellent Ryanair repaint has become available.As Ian stated, don't let this put you off from an excellent aircraft - expecially with all of the new repaints available.Gary

Guest caddis44

CRVMThank you for your reply. It certainly helps.Phil S.

Guest caddis44

Fred ClausenThanks very much for your reply. I had the PIC767 some years ago and the ability to save was great. I'm no programmer but it is hard for me to understand why it can't be done here.Phil S.

Guest caddis44

Ian:Thanks for your reply and advice. I probably will buy it.Phil S.

Guest caddis44

Gary:I appreciate your reply and your experience with it. I think I will buy it.Phil S.