Sign in to follow this  
Guest AA727

Thank you Page Cline

Guest RonB49

After trying various procedures and tips to correct the ground textures bleeding through the taxiways and ramps at various FS2002 airports, I'd given up! Given up, that is, until I downloaded Page Cline's little bgl fix files. I've only been to KSPI (my old hometown) and KRNO (a new favorite place) but I've seen enough to convince me that at least one someone (Page) can fix the problem. Thanks again Page. R-

Ron,And you're most welcome! I have a couple more to add and am also working on putting concrete back into KSFO and other sites. Still need to know which airports to do so if anyone knows of any that have shimmering, bleedthru, etc., on their concrete aprons, let me know at pageruthcline@msn.com

Guest PaulL01

>After trying various procedures and tips to correct the >ground textures bleeding through the taxiways and ramps at >various FS2002 airports, I'd given up! Given up, that is, >until I downloaded Page Cline's little bgl fix files. I've >only been to KSPI (my old hometown) and KRNO (a new favorite >place) but I've seen enough to convince me that at least one >someone (Page) can fix the problem. Thanks again Page. R- Nice of page to offer so much help, but if you need to fix an area yourself I believe it is as simple as identifying the airports altitude and area and then making a flatten polygon VIA Airport or ASD as that is pretty much what he has done. Perhaps even a flatten switch would work? would be nice to get Page's Comments though.Take Care,

Guest PhilC

Page,Can you also fix the 'dirt' concrete issue where, although you are on the concrete taxiway, the plane bounces and kicks up dirt?

Perhaps. But where? I done it already for KCVG (KCVGSMTH.zip)

Paul,You've pretty well hit it on the head. I use Airport 2.60 build 149 to make a flatten area. That way, no flatten entry needs to be made in the scenery.cfg file. I don't know about the flatten switch entry in the scenery.cfg file though. Wouldn't that require a subfolder, bgl files, Area, etc.?

Guest PaulL01

>Paul, >>You've pretty well hit it on the head. I use Airport 2.60 >build 149 to make a flatten area. That way, no flatten >entry needs to be made in the scenery.cfg file. Hi Page,Maybe you could make a tutorial on the subject as it seems to be a wide spred problem and I think it would really be apreciated by the folks as well as save you from having to do ALL of MS's work for them. :) >>I don't know about the flatten switch entry in the >scenery.cfg file though. Wouldn't that require a subfolder, >bgl files, Area, etc.?Yeah, the *.bgl flatten is the way to go for sure, much easier than trying to manipulate the scenery.cfg. for everyone. Its been awhile for me. :-roll

Guest PhilC

Check out the taxiway from the southerly active (14?) at KLVJ (Clover).

Paul,I don't think a flatten switch would work.I installed some FS2k scenery when FS2k2 first came out and ended up with the bumpy taxiways, 'dirt' concrete, and the flashing textures so I looked at the original flatten switch for FS2k and added that but it did not cure the problems.I know nothing about scenery design so I may have missed something obvious but I *think* the only way is to create a 'hard' flat area around the airport as Page does.Rgds

For your information: When I "fix" an airport with flashing concrete, or shimmering, or bleedthru, or whatever you want to call it, all I do is make a note of the altitude when on the ground. I use the Cessna 182RG since its altimeter is 3 feet above ground level so I just subtract 3 feet and have the local altitude. It always agrees with the altitude stated in World/Map View. So I just use my scenery design program, make a square flatten area to cover all concrete areas and set its altitude to what I recorded. Actually, it seems like all I'm doing is confirming what FS says. Anyway, it is easy to do and most of all it works.As for concrete that acts like dirt or bouncing aircraft on taxiways, what is happening here is that the 3rd party designer made aprons and taxiways that do not agree with the default scenery for that airport. I've been guilty of that! That's easy to correct. I just make a small bgl file that has a large invisible runway covering the whole airport. Runways are alwasy hardened and smooth. If any of you have that problem, again, just drop me a line. I won't modify anyones scenery file (not right) but can add to it a fixing bgl.

Guest PhilC

Thanks Page.Just to let you know, my KLVJ (Clover Field, Texas) is the FS2K2 default and not by a third party developer.I will try what you suggested and see if I can fix it.Thanks again for all you are doing.

Guest AA727

Page,Can you fix the default CVG?? If not when will the patch be available for your scenery of CVG?Thanks in advance!!JC