Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

Dual Monitors with FS9

Guest BAW843

Dear All,I have searched this forum and the tips forum and cannot find any information on using dual monitors with FS9, maybe I am not using the correct combination of wording or something ??Anyrate - I have just received a second monitor and Graphics card (Geforce MX400 AGP) from a friend, and was wondering what software etc. I would require in order to link this with FS9 and have say the FMS and radio stack showing on the 2nd monitor? and what I need to do in order to get this to work ?I also fly online frequently and it would be handy to have SB on a separate monitor too (If this is possible) ?using FS9 and PMDG 737Appreciate your comments !!Kind RegardsPHIL

Guest Rajah

Phil,In my opinion the second AGP card is of no use. I think your computer has only one AGP slot or not with PB?You need a AGP graphic card with 2 outlets for monitors or a second graphic card for an ISA slot.Be aware it cost you framerates. So e.g. FSNAV multiplayer on the second screen can give problemsI love the 2 screens I have myself.SuccesFrans DekkerKLM074

Just one correction - you'd either need a dual output video card (usually an analog out plus a DVI out, which needs a converter) or a PCI (not ISA) video card.I've been dying to try this as I have a converter and an extra montior... the cable just won't reach :)

Hi PhilAs others have said, you either require a dual output video card or your second card will need to be a PCI card. There are still plenty of PCI cards around and, for simply displaying 2D stuff, e.g. panels, on the second monitor it won't need to be overly powerful.I've been running twin monitors for over a year now. Initially I used an old PCI Matrox card for the second monitor which was fine with FS02 but, when I upgraded to FS9, I upgraded the pc as well and bought one with an nVidia FX5900 which has twin output. Be aware, though, that although a second monitor will allow you to display more stuff there will almost certainly be a performance hit because you've still only got the one cpu. As long as what you are displaying on the second monitor is not too demanding, e.g. FSNav as a moving map, there'll be no problem but, as someone else said, if you use FsNav as a multiplayer display, it can create quite a performance hit.Paul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL