Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Fuel planner now out of beta (version 1.2)

Guest jumpjet

Hi RossThanks very much, it's a very useful utility, I especially like the fact that you can upload the fuel into the aircraft.Can I just ask you why you picked the figure of 200nm as the minimum alternate fuel? I usually try to keep alternates with a 50nm range, unless I am flying under ETOPS.Now can you do one for the DF737, PIC767,PSS A319/20/21, A330, A340, 747, 777, PIC767v2 when released and the PMDG747 when released? !! Just to give yourself something to do for a little while ;-) CheersGraham UK

Graham,There already are fuel planners for the DF737, 767PIC (V1), and PSS include one with each of their planes IIRC.

Guest Floyd312

Thanks for the great utility, Ross! :-kewl It has become an indespensible part of my preflight.

Guest slapshot

Thanks for the fuel planner!My question is why does it only calculate flights up too FL370?I've made a dozen or more real world flights between Sydney and Melbourne with Qantas and Virgin Blue in 737-700's and 800's. Most the trips have been at FL410 on the Sydney to Melbourne leg! Any chance you can add FL calculations up to FL410?Thanks again!Pete

Many thanks Ross - a fine piece of work.ScottYBTLBTW I do have a flight manual that covers the 700/800/900 if it is of any use to you. It is around 33 MB is size.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest cola

hi,thank you very much for your very usefull tool!Greetings Constantin L.

Guest Martial

Thank you Ross, your utility is very usefull, it works perfectly, great job !!!!Thanks a lot Martial

Guest rcarlson123

Lefteris, I'd love to have you host the download on your site. I think it would make sense to wait until I'm certain there are no more bugs in the current version. How can I contact you when I think it's good to go?

Guest rcarlson123

The reason 200 nm is the minimum is because that's all I have for fuel consumption data. All the data the program uses is taken from the manual that comes with the PMDG add-on. This is also the reason why FL370 is the highest it supports.If anyone has solid data for both the -600 and -700 on fuel consumption for shorter trips and other altitudes, I'd love to have it.Thanks everyone for the feedback ... I'm glad others are finding it useful!

Guest jumpjet

VulcanI know mate. It was meant to be a 'tongue in cheek' comment, that's why I gave a little wink at the end.Cheers anyway :-) GRaham

Contact Marc Harrington, our web master. He'll get you going.Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Vulcan>>I know mate. It was meant to be a 'tongue in cheek' comment,>that's why I gave a little wink at the end.>>Cheers anyway :-) >>GRahamOops, sorry mate.

Guest cactuscap

Hi Ross,I echo the sentiments of others

Guest rcarlson123

Hi Sean, thanks for the info. Feel free to email me any time.

A great and very useful program. I have it running over WideFS works great.Thanks,Andrew.:-)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg