Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevchris

Frustration!

Guest kevchris

First, may I say that I am not posting to bash the PMDG 737. It is an excellent product with an obvious attention to detail and realism. Once you purchase and fly this aircraft, it is difficult to return to inferior models.But, I am frustrated. I am not a real 737 pilot, and therefore my ability, interest, and time to totally learn the ins and outs of this aircraft are just not there. Again, I tried a flight from KCLT to KORF last night. I used FS downloaded weather - not FS Meteo or AS 2004, both of which I own. I did not use this weather since I am aware there is an apparent issue between the weather generator and the PMDG 737, specifically on final approach. Well, everything went fine, until, again, final approach. The plane started flying sideways and was not controllable.As far as I am concerned, the plane is "unflyable" as long as this problem exists. I also think it is a step backwards to create a product that is not compatible with any real-time weather program, since such realistic weather programs are a big part of what makes the flight sim experience great!Is there a fix in the works for this problem? I am getting the impression from some of the posts that there is not such a fix, and we simply are advised not to use any "weather" when flying this plane.I hope PMDG does not take my comments as offensive and unduly critical, as I do compliment them for creating a superior product which I believe is worth the $40 pricetag, but seriously, if I cannot land this thing, what is the point???Thanks.Kevin

Guest ba747heavy

Kevin,Your complaints are valid about the weather generators. The real issue, however, does not lie in the NG being 'compatable' with weather generator, but the weather generators being compable with the NG. The weather generators have some problems with approach winds(or some such nonesense like this, I only know this stuff from what I read as I don't own these products myself), and the AS developers seem to be working on it. Hopefully they will be compatable in the future :)I may be wrong, because like I said I don't own these particular products. If that is the case then ignore me, and say mean things about me in your head, just don't voice them here ;)The new flight model being tested right now I think corrects the 'sideways' flying that some have noticed - as I am flying it now and have flown this model and have yet to see it do anything like that, even in real weather.

Guest kevchris

Fred:Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your insight, and do hope that a revised flight model will be forthcoming soon.I assume that when you say "weather generators" you are including the real weather (Jeppensen) generator that comes with FS2004?In other words, if I expect to land this plane, I have to use "no weather" in FS2004.I am curious as to why some people do not experience these "sideways" flying problems, while others, like me, do.Best regards,Kevin

Hi guys,Keep in mind that AS2004 was still in development when SU2 released. It is still not certain that there IS any compatibility problem and as several dozen people have noted, they cannot find any issues (including me!). AS2004 was obviously designed for maximum realism with all add-ons in mind - especially add-ons as great as the 737NG! We even had several beta testers flying the 737NG SU2 and no problems were reported. AS2004 uses strictly FS2004 station-based architecture and is fully compliant with FS9 weather setting procedures.We await further official information from PMDG regarding this, but I have a good feeling there is no compatibility issue. The statement about weather add-ons was made before AS2004 existed. Things are different now :) If we find any issues, we will work quickly to address them and ensure compatibility.As to the sideways landing issue, there IS a known issue with the rudder that I believe has already been fixed (patch due soon). Hopefully that solves it!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest lbb

Hi guys,Most often I use the FS9 downloaded weather, including upper winds, with changes set to none. For most of the time this makes for an interesting variation in weather, albeit not always the same weather that I see when I look out of my real world window.However, sometimes I get the most crazy results, especially with the winds shifting from a 40 kts headwind to tailwind in a flash, or a 40 kts left crosswind suddenly going to a 40 kts right crosswind. I think the PMDG autopilot does a great job coping with these, in fact a better job than I think the real one would.So while there do seem to be a few problems with rudder control (don't have pedals so I don't know about this), generally speaking I think that the weather is more to blame than the plane here. I really don't understand why FSUIPC can find a way to smooth weather changes and multi billion dollar MS can't!!!Leo Bakker

I have totaly no problems.It's my best product i ever buy...Ofcourse the RFP742 is also not bad but i like the FMC.Ramon.

Guest hoohah

I don't think the problem has anything to do with AS2004, because I have yet to experience any issues on approach with the PMDG while using AS2004 (not to say that AS doesn't have a couple of issues to straighten out).