Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

FS2002 seems slow to load. Game runs fine though.

I don't know what is causing this problem but FS2002 seem to slow down on me sometime last week. The game runs great but when I start it off, it takes twice as long before the create-a-flight screen comes up. I don't have too many sceneries or aircraft installed. Is there a work around for this or is this normal when you start adding on all the addons.

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Talon!QuoteDon't know what the problem is, but I get the same experience too. Every month or two, I delete the FS2002.cfg and let FS create a new one. It's either a trick on the mind from resetting settings, or it does increase some performanceUnquote I haven't actually tried it but this is from a post from not too far back, perhaps a week. You might want to look over the replies and perhaps a solution will come up for you.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rumID8&archive=If you try the above suggestion, let us know how it works out.Oh! One other very important thing. Since you made no mention of it, how often do you "Defrag". Back in the old days when I would let WEEKS go by before doing so, I would see a very noticeable difference after doing so. Now, ESPECIALLY with me downloading stuff almost everyday, I make it a point to Defrag AT LEAST once a week, preferably more often than that. It really does make a difference.Wish I could help more.Good luck!Heather

Had something similar too, however it slowed down the final loading phase when you see the progress bar. In my case it was the virsu scanner (McAfee) that somehow got activated (it's normally off). Loading times were at least twice as long as normal then.Regards,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest RonB49

It seems to me that the same thing happened to me after I installed a bunch of the freeware land class scenery packages. R- This was supposed to be n response to Message 0 not Message 2. R-