Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bryan

Arc curves and RNAV app's (Screenshot)

Guest Bryan

Is it possible to somehow modify or extend Arc curves joining two points abeam each other?Look at the screen shot. I'm coming down the Handa 9 RNAV arrival to Calgary. GABOL is on the approach course. It connects to MESKA.Trouble is, the Arc does not overfly GABOL but rather angles in before it. As a result, it's easy to find yourself joining the localizer from above the glideslope, so you have to chase the glideslope.Is there a way to modify this?Thanks, Bryanhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/57111.jpg

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi Bryan, I think the behavior you are witnessing is actually the way the real thing behaves. If I rember correctly, the FMC's on Boeing airplanes do not have such a thing as overfly waypoints (where the Airbus types do). I seem to remember someone talking that in the pre-SU2 FMC, an overfly waypoint could be emulated by repeating the same waypoint twice. Not sure if this is still possible. Also, if you want the airplane to only start the turn after passing GABOL, you will overshoot, which I guess is not desirable either.Hope this helps,BoazEKCH

Guest ba747heavy

Boaz,No, you can't emulate overfly waypoints like that. The FMC has provisions built into it now where a ROUTE DISOCONTINUITY will be inserted into a route where more than 1 waypoint of the same name are right next to each other.

There may be a mean...By editing the SIDs/STARs files of the concerned airport yourself...If I remind well there a command to overfly waypoints...Something like : NAVAID (OVERFLY) NAME (ALT) (SPEED KTS)By the way Terry Yingling just upload a new tutorial on how to edit SIDs/STARs for the PMDG bird...Go get it! This might help!Hope this helps...Cheers,E. Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi again Bryan, Quick question: What are those images you have superimposes on the screen?Boaz

.-..at this point - push your heading sel-. button as pilots do in real life - until you are established on the localizer.

"I think the behavior you are witnessing is actually the way the real thing behaves. If I rember correctly, the FMC's on Boeing airplanes do not have such a thing as overfly waypoints (where the Airbus types do)."It depends, Boaz ;-)The (Boeing) Smiths and Honeywell FMC Databases can have fly-over waypoints in ready-made SIDS/STARS. It's just the pilot who can't manually enter them via the scratchpad. On the Airbus, the pilot can do this I hear.Cheers.Ian.