Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike_cyul

Express series

Guest mike_cyul

As an ardent fan of PMDG, I'm very glad to hear of the upcoming developments. I'm really looking forward to everything.Just a question concerning the Express series, and namely the B1900D: If it is intended for those who want a simpler flying experience, without having to "study for an ATP exam", what exactly has been left out that the hard-core simmer might have liked?Thanks,Mike F.

I'm a little confused myself. Is this going to be a "dumb downed" version of the B1900D? John Fitzpatrick

.........and if this is a "dumbed-down" version, can we expect a "real-life version" for the hardcore fans?Dave FisherCYYZ

Mike-The PMDG Express airplanes are intended for a different use than the main, PMDG Simulations line.... Specifically they are designed to fill the area between the default MSFS airplanes, and the current state of high-end PMDG airplanes.When selecting airplanes for the PMDG Express product line- we are specifically looking for airplanes that do not have a heavy load of automation such as an FMC, overly sophisticated autopilot or other operating nuance that would take a complete code rewite to produce.Additionally, we are looking for airplanes who's systems can be modeled using the latent FS9 aircraft system functionality overlaying a highly complicated systems model on top of FS9 like we do in the 737/747...What we've focused on with this series is the user interface side of flying. Visually- this airplane is a realy treat.... (In fact, we've been having problems internally with then NG development team spending time buzzing around their local fields and offering comments and compliments on the B1900 virtual cockpit instead of the work we're *supposed* to be doing....)We are very shortly going to put this airplane into beta testing. (We're witholding it because we want them to give a final okay on the minor 737 update we created during the past two weeks.... if we give this airplane to them before they finish testing- we'll NEVER get that patch out of beta...LOL!) We give our beta testers a mostly free hand in what they can post in the forum during testing.... It'll be fun to see what they have to say once they see it... I'm sure they will share!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest JonnyRotten

I really don't understand. Will we have a functional overhead and console?

This is purely speculation, but it sounds to me that they're choosing aircraft that can be fully modeled but aren't overly complicated.IE - the RealAir SF260 is fully modeled internally and externally. All the systems are functional, etc. As is the PMDG 737. Which is easier to fly? SF260. Is it any less realistic? No, it's just not as complicated.But that's just how I understood it.

This sounds great to me. Even though airplanes such as the B1900 aren't as complicated to operate system wise, than the 737, it's still a great aircraft to fly. Good choice PMDG, and i look forward to the release of the B1900...

I like this idea ALOT! I always loved the visual and flight model of the your 737 planes, but have be very hesitant to buy it because of the steep learning curve involed in learing how to fly the plane right using all the functioning systems.Now I probably would not buy the 1900D, but thats only because I like to fly jets better. I am looking foward to seeing what else the express series has to offer.

Guest rcarlson123

Will the panel still be modeled to the extent that the 737 is? In other words, will engine startup procedures require a realistic amount of flip-switching and knob-fiddling?I don't necessarily need an FMC or complex autopilot to enjoy my simming (although I do love the complexity of the 737) but I do like to have very realistic engine startup procedures, etc. If that sort of thing is faithfully reproduced in the PMDG 1900, I'll be buying it for sure. (Who am I kidding? I'd buy it anyway just to see the visual quality. :))

Hi Ross,2D Panel shots looks like we'll have a nice photoreal panel with default MS King Air gauges. I think 2D panel is included in last minute and pressing ctrl+e will do all the engine procedure. The good side is it'll be priced below $15, and the bad side is Default King Air panel gauge's visual quality is far below compared to nowadays standarts and aren't improved a bit since it's first release from MS FS 2000!Poor ADI and HSI gauges needs a make-up job, or we all go and buy reality xp ADI and HSI gauges to use with it..