Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Boohoo, where's my executive jet...

I'm somewhat disappointed by PMDG's latest choice of product- the B1900.Several developers have in the last few years brought out fantastic commercial jets, regional turbo-props and mouth watering GA planes.One category of aircraft has been neglected, and I can't figure out why. It's the executive jet. There aren't many types, compared to other categories, but they're real beauties. They may be small, but they are powerful and have avionics that can match a 777.I think Abacus did 'Executive Jets' for FS2000, and recently Eaglesoft did the Beechjet 400A for FS2004 . Both products show a half-hearted attempt at realism, something PMDG could have done a lot better.The candidates to name but a few-the Raytheon Hawker 800XP, The learjet 35/45/65, and the Citation X.I drool at the thought of PMDG doing one of the executive jets.Eytan

Guest Conrad

>I think Abacus did 'Executive Jets' for FS2000, and recently>Eaglesoft did the Beechjet 400A for FS2004 . Both products>show a half-hearted attempt at realism, something PMDG could>have done a lot better.How can you say that about such nice planes! I admit the abacus planes are crud for want of a more suitable word. And the Eaglesoft 400A Is gorgeous...not up to the standards of thier premier 1, but still good! And look at the Citation X they are making, if you have not seen then you should take a look!Yet I do think PMDG would do a great job of any business jet, especially a rare one! I would buy it! :D Im not sure they would be able to sell it under an Express brand though, as they have complex systems.>I drool at the thought of PMDG doing one of the executive>jets.And I need a new keyboard now, or a tissue and screw driver. It would be nice! Thanks!

All I'm saying is think about it, plant the thought now, and whenever you're looking for a new product to develop- think EXECUTIVE JET!We can wait.Eytan

Guest Ray CYYZ

Got something against the BBJ/BBJ2 ? Seems to me that PMDG is doing an executive business jet ;)Ray

>Got something against the BBJ/BBJ2 >??? What's a BBJ?Eytan

Guest Conrad

BBJ = Boeing Business Jet, which is what the 737 is going to be after the release of the third 737 product from PMDG.

Guys - the thing is that to properly do a bizjet like a Citation X or a G-V would be just as much work, if not MORE than the NG! The avionics/glass displays in these planes are very very advanced. The market for commercial airliners is a lot bigger than the one for bizjets, so that's why you don't see a lot of bizjets made.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yeah, you're talking about real-world aviation. PMDG is in the business of simulated flying. Why would it cost more to develop a business jet that a 757. The avionics are equally sophisticated on both.Eytan

Checkout the repaints. There are a few repaints of the /700 done in a BBJ paint scheme.Dave FisherBTW, I think Eaglesoft has done a great job with the Beechjet and Premier 1.

>one for bizjets, so that's why you don't see a lot of bizjets>made.>>>Yeah, you're talking about real-world aviation. PMDG is in the>business of simulated flying. Why would it cost more to>develop a business jet that a 757. The avionics are equally>sophisticated on both.>I agree with you there, but I agree with Ryan that the BizJet Market is very small in an already small FS add-on market.The library tells the story, Lots of Airliners, but only a handfull of BizJets.You'd be investing the same time, effort, and cost as to produce the NG (if you want PMDG quality in say a G-5). But it probably wouldn't sell anywhere near as well as an Airliner would.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg