Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Dumb question from a new user.

Guest twsimfan

I have had the PMDG 737 loaded for about an hour. I'm sure that eventually I will have lots of technical question since I bought it to learn the function of the FMS and other real world goodies.I select the 700 with 3D cockpit and cabin then within that I opt for the version with winglets & stairs. How do I get the stairs to deploy? Shift-e gets the main cabin door... Shift-e+2 gets me the rear cabin door plus two cargo doors on the right (starboard) side of the aircraft. Shift-e+3 (or 4) does nothing. The fold wings command (which lowers the rear stairs on CaptainSim's 727 and opens the wing storage on Flight1's Cessna 310) does nothing. The lower tailhook command (which opens cargo doors on CaptainSim's 727) says it is doing something... but nothing visible. I also tried Shift-w (command to raise/lower rudder on amphibs) which opens/closes the pilot's window on MAAM's B-25J Briefing Time to no avail.I also tried stairs only with the same results.I will comment on how great or otherwise the product is once I've had a chance to get to know it. :)So how do you deploy the stairs? :-hmmm

Guest twsimfan

Ronnie,Thanks much... that works great. :)To anyone,How do I view the "virtual cabin". Probably everybody but me knows... but I don't mind looking stupid in putlic... do it a lot already... :-shyI have lots of question... like why I haven't been able to get the AP to work... but I figure that part is probably in the manuals. ;-)

Guest rvdlaak

For this you need to load the aircraft with that particular option enabled.When choosing the PMDG aircraft, you get a choice of models, these being:- 2D Cockpit only- Virtual Cockpit- Virtual Cockpit and CabinYou need to pick one that relates to the features you want to use. You do figure correct that most of this is in the manuals. cheers and gluck :-)Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Guest twsimfan

Ronnie,"When choosing the PMDG aircraft, you get a choice of models, these being:- 2D Cockpit only- Virtual Cockpit- Virtual Cockpit and CabinYou need to pick one that relates to the features you want to use."I've done that. My problem is I do not know how to access alternate 3D views (or 2D beyond panel stuff). I see lots of stuff in the manuals about the AP, FMS, and lots of other technical issues but not this. I have some other aircraft with similar features... maybe if I read their manuals. I've never tried to access such features before. I'm not screaming about this... just curious how to do it. I have 4 days off coming up in a few days and will try to become familiar with the AP, FMS, and other tech stuff at that time... now I'm just trying to have some fun with it. :)Thanks for the assistance. :-sun1

Guest twsimfan

Ronnie,Thanks! I'll check into it. Now I know why I couldn't find any instructions on the process.

Guest ryebred

If you want to access the virtual cockpit view, assuming that you loaded the version with the virtual cockpit, then you hit the 's' key by default which will cycle through, 2d cockpit view, virtual cockpit view, outside view, and tower view. While in 2d cockpit view, you can also hit the 'w' key by default to take some of the screens away which gives you a better view of things on the long flights. If you want to bring up the radios ot other such things, you can use the buttons on the panel or you can hit shift and a number. ie 'shift+1', 'shift+2', 'shift+3', etc.Ryan

Guest twsimfan

Ryan,Thank you sir... but it was the virtual cabin not the virtual cockpit I couldn't figure out how to access. I use the virtual cockpit all the time... on some planes it is all I use. I do appreciate the response. :)