Sign in to follow this  
Guest G. Stone

Cold and dark save situation

Guest G. Stone

I am trying to save the Cold and Dark situation from the 737NG Advanced tutorial. The tutorial requests most switches turned off. The problem is after saving the situation the recirc fan, both packs and the bleeds are reset to auto. I also saved the situation with the crew stairs extended and the main cabin door open and both are retracted and closed. Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it.Thanks in advanceG. Green

Guest rcarlson123

I'm not a developer or even a tester, but I'll tell you what I think causes this. The situation files only store the status of a few of the switches, namely those that are present on the default aircraft, such as lights, battery, fuel pumps, fuel cutoff, etc. The rest of the switches are set based on defaults built into the aircraft itself, and are not saved with situation files. The default status of the recirc and packs was different (and better, in my opinion) with version 1.1 than it is in 1.2. Perhaps it will change with the upcoming patch?

Guest G. Stone

Thanks for the response. I take it this is a known issue. Hopefully PMDG will provide a fix in the near future.

Guest rcarlson123

I'd call it a known deficiency in MSFS. If PMDG did anything about it, it would be adding a new feature, as opposed to a fix, since it's not really a bug.I believe they would have to add a new feature to the plane which would save the state of all switches in a file, which you would then load via a menu option, perhaps. It would require a separate step in addition to loading a saved flight, only because Flight Simulator's flight save feature doesn't support saving plane-specific variables, that I know of. Which is unfortunate.