Sign in to follow this  
Guest liebowa

New US Airways Livery - ATC is calling me just "737"

Guest liebowa

Not "US Air 737" or "US Airways 737" - just "737".Any idea?

Yep,First, we do require you to sign your name to your post, as outlined in our forum rules. With that out of the way, there is a space in the atc_airline= config file info for the US Air New colors and the old colors has atc_airline=US Airways. Both should read atc_airline=USAIR. You can make the change in your aircraft config file, which is easier to do, or wait until we change the config info in the download from our website. Sorry for the inconvenience.

HI,I've the same problem. ATC is just calling me at my flightnumber. But in my CFG file the airlinename is filled in correctly (EuroManx, Glacier, etc). And I'm not understanding what I can do about that. Can you help me to make an almost perfect add-on totally perfect?thank youHerman Leusman

Herman,FS expects a certain format for calling each airline name. If that format is not followed then FS will use just the aircraft type when refering to that airplane. If FS expects USAIR and I spelled it out as US AIR, FS will not recongize that name. Also, if the airline in question is not one that FS recongnizes as part of it's AI load then a program such as Edit Voicepak(sic?) is needed to add that airline to FS. If you tell me the airline in question I can see if it's just a mis-spelling or if you need Edit Voicepak(sic?).

Guest Jondal

Hi, fs 2002 and 2004 only have a few callsigns. To get more i belive you ned to download and install EditVoicepack verson 1.0 or 2.0. (You can get it from the avsim library)

Hi,thanks for your quick answering! Now I understand it. I'm using the following airlines especially:EuroManxDanish (Danish air transport)Glacier (central mountain air)NaysaPortugaliaProteus (Proteus Air France)As you can see I use to fly in many different places..Using Edit Voicepak seems a big problem for my minor computerskills. Is it possible to use names which are in the soundpack of add-on "my traffic" (AI traffic by aerosoft)?Thanks. Herman