Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyrider

"Fuel Critically Low" warning in MSFS...

Guest skyrider

Hi,I am getting a spurious "Low Fuel" warning from MSFS. The actual message is more like "Fuel in the selected tank is critically low. To correct this error, do X, Y & Z...In fact, both main tanks are full & there is approx 4000 Kg (8800lb) in the centre tank. All 6 fuel pumps are on & there are no failures or warning lights.Fuel is more than sufficient for the flight, arriving with approx 5000 Kg (11,000lb) remaining - yes, it's a tankering sector :-) This is very close to that forecast by the FMC before departure & during flight.I seem to be able to supress this warning by checking the "Unlimited Fuel" option in the aircraft realism settings, but am curious to know why it is occurring in the first place.Any ideas, anyone, please?Doug

Guest fotieno

In the aircraft realism settings, there is a check box at the top right that ask if you want to get Flight Sim Tips or some thing like that, remove the checkmark and all those annoying warnings about fuel settings or releasing your parking brake will go away.Frederick

Guest skyrider

Frederick: thanks for your reply...You're right - I hadn't spotted that option, so I will give it a go & see if that works for me...Thanks for the idea :-)Doug

Guest fotieno

No ProblemFrederick

Guest chrispy

Hi, I was flying the other day and I got the same thing. I was flying from KSDF to KFLL and in FS aircraft fuel and payload I had the left and right tanks at 100% and the center at 50% due to FS saying I was over weight. I got that message as I was halfway to KFLL. I'm wondering if it will automaticly switch to a tank after I have used up the center tank?

Guest Flightfreak

The CTR tank in the 737 is linked to the engines via the Wing tanks, when you turn on your CTR Fuel Pumps, you pump fuel into the left and right wing tank. This is why when you never use your CTR tank if the wing tanks arn't completely full. Every drip that the engines comsume from the wing tanks is immidetaly (how do you spell that :-hmmm) replaced from the CTR tank. If your CTR tank is empty, the pumps will keep on running, but there will be no fuel transferred to the wing tanks.Hope this answers your question.Michael Henke

>The CTR tank in the 737 is linked to the engines via the Wing>tanks, when you turn on your CTR Fuel Pumps, you pump fuel>into the left and right wing tank. This is why when you never>use your CTR tank if the wing tanks arn't completely full.>Every drip that the engines comsume from the wing tanks is>immidetaly (how do you spell that :-hmmm) replaced from the>CTR tank. If your CTR tank is empty, the pumps will keep on>running, but there will be no fuel transferred to the wing>tanks.>>Hope this answers your question.>>Michael HenkeActually, the ctr tank does not pump fuel into and is not connected to the wing tanks. The Ctr tank pumps fuel to the engine fuel feed manifold which has check valves in the wing tanks that prevents fuel from entering the wing tanks thus allowing the engine to feed directly from the Ctr. tank. The only reason that the Ctr feeds the engines over the wing tanks is that their pumps are higher pressure and overide the wing tank pumps. Here is a schematic of the NG fuel system.http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jrberg/photos/ngfuel.JPGCheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest chrispy

Yes, both of you answered my question. I was told about the center tanks having higher pressure after I posted. And when I was playing flight simulator I emptied my center tank. Then it took fuel from the wing's. Thanks for the help.