Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lenny Zaman

holding entry

Guest Lenny Zaman

Hi guysas i was flying to Barca today(passing by the big european storm... woohooo) i noticed there might be something wrong in the holding entry way.I came up on QUV in the teardrop entry area level 4000ft on local QNH, speed 210IAS(though 230 was recommended by the FMC)the aircraft was still on autopilot(yes call me lazy, ;)) so the aircraft turned to the 'inbound course+150' heading, all went wellat the time we should've started making our RIGHT turn to rejoin R246 QUV inbound, the plane made instead a LEFT turn (a very light turn, bank angle around 15

Guest skyrider

Larry: just writing to say that I agree with you - it certainly looks like it should have been a "Sector 2" (Offset/Teardrop) procedure, but cannot say why it did what it did!I have just started experimenting with holding patterns myself & I believe that I have also spotted a few anomalies, but need to fly a few more patterns to be sure of what I'm seeing...Doug

Hi guys,I may be stepping on thin ice here, but I don't think the hold entriy and exit procedures were addressed in this release. I think you may see this in the upcoming 800/900.Please, correct me if I'm wrong here. ;-)Cheers,

Guest skyrider

Mats: thanks for the extra info :-)I'm a fairly new user of this aircraft, so I'm not really aware of any previous history/issues, which I guess would include this one.If that is the case, are you suggesting that this will be fixed in the 600/700 when the 800/900 is released?That aside, it is a wonderful add-on & is likely to remain my default aircraft for some time :-)Doug

Hi Doug,Welcome to the NG-nut world! ;-)As I understand the team, all functionality released with the 800/900 will be availible for both series if it's applicable to both the 600/700 and 800/900 series. Additionaly there are plans for TCAS, INS, (WX-radar?) and a lot more for the 800/900 so it sure is looks like it's worth waiting for! ;-)Cheers,

Guest skyrider

Hi Mats,Thanks for the welcome :-)Yes, I can see why people have been raving about this aircraft, it really is quite brilliant - a credit to all concerned :-)Looks like there is a lot to look forward to in the future - hope it is not too far away...Cheers!Doug

Guest Lenny Zaman

hi Doug and Mats(it's Lenny actually ;), not Larry ;))thanks alot for the answersgues the only and best option for now is to simply handfly them holdings... :)(no biggie though)Thanks

Guest skyrider

Hi Larry - just kidding, Lenny - sorry about that, it's been a long day :-)Well, you can still use the autopilot, in "Heading" mode, just remember to make due allowance for the wind with your headings & timing.Much too difficult to hand-fly :-) :-) :-)Doug

Guest Lenny Zaman

"Much too difficult to hand-fly :-) :-) :-)" :)