Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

RTE file format specification?

Guest rcarlson123

Hello PMDG folks ...I have a list of preferred routes in an SQL database, and I've created a simple Visual Basic utility to search them. Now I would like to add the ability to export the route in .rte format for loading into the 737NG FMC.I've done some searching, but I cannot find the specification for the file format, and I don't want to just guess by looking at existing plans. Could I get a copy of the spec for the .rte files?Thanks in advance!P.S. - I'll share the utility with the PMDG customer community when it's complete.

Guest ba747heavy

There was a thread about this a few weeks back. Not sure what search terms to use though ;)

Guest rcarlson123

Excellent, thank you Fred. Not sure why that thread didn't show up when I searched for "rte file format" ... oh well.

Guest ba747heavy

>Excellent, thank you Fred. Not sure why that thread didn't>show up when I searched for "rte file format" ... oh well.I tried that search string, and I received a ton of results, so I cheated. I searched for 'amerton' who I knew authored the post, and it was something like the 5th result down :)

Guest rcarlson123

You da man! Thanks again. :)

Guest pagotan

Hi,Well you guys were talking while I was sleeping. Anyway the datas I got some weeks ago from PMDG (listed in the link Fred pointed out) may not be sufficient to produce a reliable export routine. I guess you will need some more info from PMDG if you want to create something waterproof. My original request was more directed at a thourough understanding of the plan architecture to avoid early mistakes in our project to create complete terminal procedures. The information we needed were not towards format translation.Another idea, Ernie may alos help you he did an excellent job at the rte format translation in FSBuild.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael