Sign in to follow this  
Guest zimmerbz

to all AS2004/PMDG 737 users.....

Guest Bud

HansActually I didn't get much in the way of problems when I tried the default 737 with AS, mind you that was two flights only and it's the only default plane I tried for comparison purposes. In fact probs don't always occur for me with the NG and AS either.The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think it matters if the issues are wholly AS-related, it is in everybody's interest that these two great programs work together consistently. Surely the best way of facilitating this is if the two developers get together.Bud

Guest HJOrtmann

Bud,of course you would be right, if this issue would be also PMDG related.>> I don't think it matters if the issues are wholly AS-related>Well, it is... and that's the problem. The wind shift problem is an FS9 issue with all real weather programs like ActiveSky or FSMeteo. Of course you can say, it's also FS9-related, and the best way would be, to bringt the developers of FS9 and AS/FSMETEO together :)HansJuergen

Guest Bud

Hello HansI'm not actually talking about the wind shift issue. The problem which most troubles me is the one I posted earlier. I wouldn't say it is frequent, but on approach, there are times when just before landing, there is a surge in power and the plane takes off on its very own go around. If I understand Randy's post correctly, this is caused by the info which is being fed into the autoflight components of the plane.If I disconnect the AP at around 6000ft let's say, and complete the landing process by hand there are no problems whatsoever - other than my dodgy pilot skills. However, on occasion, when I've tried an autoland, the above prob has reared up and hit me - maybe two out of ten flights.I have got something of a work around, but it provides a not very realistic landing scenario. Seems to work tho', although I have to say the continuing possibility of being hit by the old surge does add a bit of tension to the landing process - so maybe not a bad thing!!Bud

Bud,For what it is worth, I have had this "surge" as you describe happen to me also during an autoland. I have made about 5 flights since I installed AS2004.Steve Canham

Steve Canham

Guest HJOrtmann

Bud,ok - I got it now (slowly, but surely)> this is caused by the info which is being fed into the> autoflight components of the plane.yes, but this is the same thing than wind shifts in cruise (btw: my plane was destroyed more than once just by the cruise wind shifts) - faulty data cause a faulty behaviour. A suddenly decreased IAS (perhaps caused again by a strange wind shift, this time in approach instead of cruise ?) causes the alpha protection to come in place.I don't feel, that this should be changed by ignoring such substantial information, it should be fixed, where the problem is located: in the FS9 control of AS (resp. FSMETEO) ...HansJ

Guest Bud

Hello HansI absolutely agree, it has to be fixed. I simply think that the best and quickest way to do that is for PMDG to work with HiFi.Bud

Guest Bud

Steve,Scary when it happens, isn't it. Don't know how you reacted to it, I found the best way to deal with it is to treat it as a go around, get vectors for a re-entry and then to land manually. Sure adds interest to your flights !!CheersBud