Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

FS9.cfg file corruption. Help !!

Hi all, maybe it is not the right forum to post this issue, but I have tried also in other forums and so far I am still fighting with this problem.Has anybody experienced fs9.cfg file corruption ? Sometimes, during a flight, I suddenly find my keyboard not responding to basic commands such as ESC to call for the flight interruption or Shift +Enter for adjusting the seat height.... When this happens I go and see the fs9.cfg file and find that its size has become smaller than its normal size (generally 8 Kb rather than the normal 11 Kb). So I guess some lines in the cfg files have gone lost and this is the reason the keyboard does not respond. Quit FS9, delete the cfg file and let FS9 to recreate a new file. Everything returns normal, but some flights later it happens again. Any idea of the cause for it and any effective fix ?Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Guest Macs

Delete the config file, and start FS9 again. The sim will detect that no config exists and it will create a new one.Then goto settings and select your desired settings again, the scenery library wont be affected.JohnP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/IMAGES/logo_mini.jpg

Well, this is what I have always been doing whenever I have experienced this problem, but actually it looks like it does not prevent the problem to occur again. I really have no ideas about what is causing it.Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR