Sign in to follow this  
Guest papagiorgio79VA

Need help with fixing US Airways livery flag color......

Guest papagiorgio79VA

Hello everyone. The US Airways livery from the PMDG site is awesome...except that the color of the flag on the tail and fuselage is wrong. It is supposed to be grey instead of white. Not a major problem but one that I would like to fix. I don't know a thing about repainting but I do have Paint Shop Pro 8. Does anyone know how I could just change the color of the flags to grey? It doesn't seem like it would be to difficult if someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you!BrianRichmond, Virginia USA

Guest thscholz

Brian,that's easy. Load the files pmdg_700_fuse_t.bmp and PMDG_Tail_T.bmp (from the texture.US folder) into Paint Shop Pro. Select the magic wand tool and set the tolerance to 50%. With the magic wand select the white areas of the flags. Go to the menu Colors->Adjust>Brightness and Contrast. Select a Brightness of -60% and a Contrast of 0. That's it.Well, now comes the part, where I guess there is a better way to do it...saving the file. I've done it like this:From the paintkit load the files files pmdg_700_fuse_t.tga and PMDG_Tail_T.tga and copy/paste the contents of your bmp's and save the tga's. Then convert these with DXTBMP back to 'Extended 32 bit 888-8' bmp format. And before saving with DXTBMP don't forget to turn off the option 'Include Mips'.It should look like the following pitures.Hope this helpsThomashttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/57915.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/57916.jpg