Sign in to follow this  
dfish

RTO

Shouldn't the RTO switch off after t/o? Mine stays on RTO unless I switch it manually.Dave Fisher

Guest aaron_huber

I've seen it mentioned a few times that the autobrake switch in the NG is not electronically controllable. It is just a simple relay switch with no "active" components. The RTO mode will be disabled once you are in the air, but there is no way for the switch to move by itself. You must manually move the selector to the phsical off position to match the logical condition.Aaron

That might be the case right now but it is NOT suppose to move on it's own, the switch is not spring loaded like the A/T switch on the real NG. I am sure this will be updated to reflect the real switch in the 800-900..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Lenny Zaman

i do this as part of my after takeoff flow...Cheers

"i do this as part of my after takeoff flow..."...me too.The RTO switch doesn't move by itself - after TO and on landing, I've seen pilots switching it manually...Cheers.Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Mine moves to the OFF position from RTO afer leaving the ground and retracting the gears. Even in the previous releases behaved like this, also the DF737 did that. I've just tested this to be sure...Jos

Guest lbb

The bug in the PMDG737 is that it DOES move to OFF after take-off. This has been discussed before, as mentioned by Randy. However, I get the impression that for some people the switch does NOT move to OFF? Or did I misinterpret the original poster's remark?If his switch does NOT move to OFF after take-off I'd like to know how he got it to behave like that!?Leo Bakker

"If his switch does NOT move to OFF after take-off I'd like to know how he got it to behave like that!?"Just for info...mine does NOT move to OFF after TO too.Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I've read somewere that it's not supposed to take off with wing anti-ice since it "drains" out "power" from the engines in a critical phase of the flight.... hence the auto disconect of the wing anti-ice during take offNow back to topic, isn't it suposed the RTO switch automaticaly to the off position afer gear up? Why the need of human intervention? certainly taht once the take off ocurred, the RTO is no longer necessary!.Jos

Guest wkzzo

Ok ,the real plane the RTO has to be manually turned to off after takeoff. The PMDG aircraft seems to do this automatically on my version(SU2). 757/767 behaves in this way -auto disarm after TO.

Guest lbb

"Now back to topic, isn't it suposed the RTO switch automaticaly to the off position afer gear up? Why the need of human intervention? certainly taht once the take off ocurred, the RTO is no longer necessary!."Because Boeing built the 737 on the cheap :-)No automatic switch installed!(BTW, I think it's FUN to have to do things. If you just have to sit behind your screen doing nothing, what's the point. So to be honest that's one reason why I would like PMDG to get it right, gives you more switches and knobs to operate!)Leo Bakker

lol ;) i'm with you regarding switchology! It was just a matter of logic the point of my question! Of Corse that I want the plane as real as it get's, if it shouldn't go automaticaly off then so be it! ;) PMDG You have to fix this... ;)jos

Guest Mark McG

Wallace,can u email me plse, I have an unrelated question for you.mark.mcgrath@ntlworld.com