Sign in to follow this  
tstiegler

Correct way to change cruise alt

Hi,let's say I cruise with VNAV and LNAV engaged and want to change cruise alt from FL330 to FL350 for some reason. To do so I change the MCP alt to 35000, upload this number to 1 LSK on the FMC crz page and press the exec button. But nothing happens. I have to change the vertical A/P mode from VNAV to LVL CHG to get the A/C climbing. After reaching the new alt I engage VNAV again. Is this the coorect procedure?Regards, Tom.

Tom,You should not need to select another MCP mode that VNAV. Have you given the aircraft some time to spool up the engines and start the climb? Other than that it seems you are using the correct procedure for a CRZ CLB! ;-)Hope it helps,

Hi,Change the CRZ ALT in the FMC to reflect new higher altitude. Once you execute this, VNAV will disengage, and the aircraft will enter ALT HOLD. Then dial the new altitude in the MCP and press VNAV. The aircraft should enter a shallow climb for the new assigned FL.regardsTero

PPL(A)