Sign in to follow this  
Guest N757PM

6/7/8/900 TCAS and WX Radar

Guest N757PM

I know that the 800/900 variants will incorporate TCAS and WX Radar technology. That being said, after the release of the 800 and 900 will the 600/700 be patched to incorporate TCAS and WX Radar also?Thanks, Jase Traylor

Jase,Actually, if I understand correctly, when you buy the 800/900, it will automatically update the 600/700 because they'll use the same panel, or something to that effect.Sorry if I can only supply speculation :)

Guest ba747heavy

Correct. If you buy the 800/900, then your 600/700 will be updated with the latest functinality, including TCAS :)

Guest radarbeam

and WX radar too?Nick

Guest N757PM

Great! Thanks for answeing my questionJase

It will also up-date the 600-700's MAIN PANEL IF the planned change is still in the works (I say it this way because it's not finished yet etc). What I have seen thus far is awesome.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Paragon

Okay now I'm confused...are you saying that wx radar and TCAS is not going to be implemented into the 800/900 or just that it might not be backwards compatible with the 600/700?RegardsMikkel

Guest ba747heavy

>and WX radar too?I have not seen PMDG state that they will do a WX radar(I could be wrong, and would not be suprised...) I do not presume to be able to speak for PMDG, but anything is possible :)

the TCAS is 100% a sure thing, as the the weather radar, we will just have to see how it works out, PMDG have not said anything new about this feature but what has been said was that IF it can be done correctly, it will be on the 800-900. Anything that is done for the 800-900 will work with the 600-700 if one purchases the package...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

I read somewhere that PMDG recommend that we dont use third party weather addons such as Active Sky (correct me if Im wrong). So if thats the case, there isnt much point in a WX Radar.Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest pkwood

Randy,I have not heard anything on the BBJ for along time. Could you personally confirm this is still a planned project and in the works?

Guest ba747heavy

Paul,This isn't a place for a beta tester to speak up and and 'yes or no'(we know what you guys know), so I would wait until a member of PMDG says 'yes or no'.

First of all, I only speak as to what I know or have been told, if I am guessing you will know about it, I have not been wrong so far with my tarot cards lol. I have not heard anything that has been changed in regards to the BBJ. I know Vin has stated that nothing has changed to it being still on the slab for production..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg