Sign in to follow this  
Guest Art Vandalay

PMDG Groupflight

Guest Art Vandalay

We are planning to make a big groupflight of all the proud PMDG-owners for the SAG-Area (Switzerland-Austria-Germany) in the VATSIM-Network.The Flight will take place on Saturday, 31th of January and consist of 2 legs from/to the three capital citys:LOWW - Vienna/Austria -> LSZH - Zurich/Switzerland -> EDDB -Berlin(Schoenefeld)/Germany ##departure at LOWW is 1900 Zulu.Everyone is invited to join and maybe some other countrys will make their own PMDG-Groupflight from/to their capital city.Lets get the sky full of PMDGs! -> 31.01.2004 -> its PMDG-Day!

Cool initiative!Count me in! :-jumpyCheers,

Guest esperienza

I'll be there buddy!David

Guest Rajah

Next time IVAO, please.Frans DekkerKLM074

Guest pagotan

Hi,The idea is excellent whatever the network is going to be used. Don't you think that as in previous online gathering there should be some material made available before departure. There may be quite a few new simmers recently attracted to this hobby by the PMDG aircraft and who need a hand for online flying.Maybe you can coordinate with VATSIM Europe. What I think is needed will be to provide flight plans, charts, airport sceneries or at least AFCADS, PMDG complete SIDS, STARS and APPS for each airport. Then someone should announce, monitor and manage the frequencies used. Are you planning to have dedicated ATC controllers online during the flights?I know it looks like a lot of work but if you look at previous gatherings especially on the PIC forum (I remember two recent flights one over the pound and another from Africa to Israel) it was pretty straight forward and the VATSIM guys were extremely helpful (as usual).DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest Art Vandalay

Hi Michael,i set up a small info-page where you can find detailed information:http://www.edbb.org/tmp/pmdgGreetsArtEdit: Could someone add this URL to the 1st post in this thread (its closed for editing)? Thx.

Guest pagotan

Hi,Very well done. All necessary preparatory work is there.Two or three more questions. Have you already made sure ATC coverage will be online at the date and time indicated? Will the ATC coverage be complete or only partial ie. Approach and Center but no ground or tower or departure. Ideally all positions should be manned all the way. When and where will you release the ATC frequencies and servers so that observers will be able to follow the flights on ASRC or Pro Controller, Servinfo or Whazzup?Sorry to be pushing you but from experience I know how fun it can be if well organized from the beginning. After all it will be the first major online event since PMDG released its upgrade, it should be well prepared.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest Art Vandalay

>Hi,>>Very well done. All necessary preparatory work is there.>>Two or three more questions. >>Have you already made sure ATC coverage will be online at the>date and time indicated? Will the ATC coverage be complete or>only partial ie. Approach and Center but no ground or tower or>departure. Ideally all positions should be manned all the way.Requests are pending but I think it will work out and we can enjoy full ATC Coverage.>>When and where will you release the ATC frequencies and>servers so that observers will be able to follow the flights>on ASRC or Pro Controller, Servinfo or Whazzup?There is no need to publish ATC frequencies/servers (btw. Frequncies can be found in your charts or at the airport-info pages of the FIRs). ACTIVE Pilots can connect as usual via their Squawkbox-ATC-Directory. Connections from others than Pilots are not intended. Why do you think, most controllers hide their voice-server-line in their ATIS. This is to prevent overload/chaos the channel (wrong settings, ptt-button locked, etc) from additional users. The more users on a channel the greater the chance to get problems.Serious Observers may of course ask ATC via ASRC-Chat for the server and channel.I

Guest pagotan

Hi,Maybe I did not express myself correctly. I was not referring to ATC frequencies which can as you said be found on the charts but merely to an IP address to a voice channel where serious observers can dial in. In a way something like what Mike Bevington did for the Kenya-TelAviv event back in September 2003. Have a look at the second message of Mike Bevington in the following thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...20601&mode=fulland you will understand what I meant.Sorry for the confusionDISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest Art Vandalay

IP-Adresses and Channels are dynamically used and will not be published. You may contact a Controller on the day of the event via you ASRC-Chat and ask him for his actual Server/Channel.GreetsArt

Hello guys!>Have you already made sure ATC coverage will be online at the>date and time indicated? Will the ATC coverage be complete or>only partial ie. Approach and Center but no ground or tower or>departure. Ideally all positions should be manned all the way.You can be sure that VACC-SAG will be providing full ATC coverage for the fly-in. Expect myself to staff Berlin Arrival :-).Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVACC-SAG PR & Events Coordinator *** mailto:sag11@vacc-sag.orghttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...r=SAG01&a=a.jpg

>Hi,>>Maybe I did not express myself correctly. I was not referring>to ATC frequencies which can as you said be found on the>charts but merely to an IP address to a voice channel where>serious observers can dial in. In a way something like what>Mike Bevington did for the Kenya-TelAviv event back in>September 2003. Have a look at the second message of Mike>Bevington in the following thread:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...20601&mode=full>and you will understand what I meant.Hello Michael,ah, got the topic. Let me just explain a small problem: We have two voice programs which theoretically allow a user to connect to an VATSIM voice channel: Roger Wilco and AVC. We do not encourage users to use Roger Wilco anymore, as a Newbie can easily disturb a voice channel if he configures Roger Wilco to something other than "Slow Modem".On the other hand, AVC requires the Observer to be logged in first into the network, either with Squawkbox or with ASRC. When he

Guest radarbeam

Great idea! too bad I have to work :(Any chance of some orginazing an event like this during the evening hours for North America?Nick

Guest Art Vandalay

>Any chance of some orginazing an event like this during the evening hours for North America?Every country is highly encouraged to set up its own PMDG-Groupflight. Pilots should contact the respective Staff for Events in their Region.Art

Guest Marc Sykes

Well, I'm the chief of the Los Angeles ARTCC on VATSIM, and the Chief Instructor and I (as well as at least a few of the controllers there) are PMDG devotees, so if you want to do a North American groupflight that includes any of our major airports (Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Diego, Burbank, Ontario, John Wayne/Santa Ana, Long Beach), I'm sure I can help arrange for some excellent coverage.Regards,Marc SykesZLA ARTCC Chiefwww.laartcc.org