Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

Okay...I give up.

Guest Paragon

I've looked everywhere and even asked this question before, but I still can't do this. How do I skip waypoints in the FMC? Say I'm enroute to airport X and my next waypoint is A, B and C. ATC then vectors me away from the path so I never reach waypoint A, but the FMC still believes my next waypoint is A. What I want to do is enter airport X as my next waypoint...how can I do this?Another question. I see that it's possible to enter wind direction and wind speeds into the FMC along the route, does this make a difference, I mean, does the PMDG calculate something different if that is entered into the FMC? How would I know before hand the wind speeds and direction along my route?ThanksMikkel

Hi Mikkel,To skip a waypoint, you go to the "Legs" page, click the button next to the waypoint you want to go to, thus transfering it into the scratchpad, then you click on the first waypoint in the list. It should change your flight plan. Click "Exec" and off you go.

Guest lbb

And as far as the wind is concerned, yes, it does make a difference. You can check this out for yourself, just complete the pre-flight items in the FMC without wind, look at the progress page for time of arrival and fuel, then put in some serious head or tail wind and look again!And for weather "forecast" I use WeatherSet2 which you get for free with your latest FSUIPC download. You can get the weather situation at your airport of departure and arrival and various points along the way, including upper wind. It is not really a forecast, but since I use FS9 static download weather it works. I think it is a great tool!Leo Bakker

Ian.. thx for your answer...the way I read the question ( or at least that is problem I have ) is how to delete your ACTIVE waypoint... your method works well but I have never been able to delete the first waypoint or get a "direct to" command in the FMC..would appreciate some help... best regards / Dick Riddersma

Guest Zapper

Two Questions: 2 Answers.You cannot DELETE the active Waypoint. To proceed to a different WP at any time you overwrite the active WP with the new one by Line Swap. ie you select new WP to scratchpad and then place it into the legs page at L1. Please LMK if this isn't clear enough.Wind shown at right of legs page should be entered from a preflight wind forecast to enable the FMC to calculate the best Top of Descent Point and also to calculate best CRZ speed from the Cost Index you entered of the PERF INIT page.Also it is a good idea to enter the DES FORECAST winds as this also has an effect on the calculated ToD point.Brad

Guest Paragon

Thanks for the answers guy's. It works well with your method Ian, thanks. I actually also use the static downloaded weather and I think it's great, no crazy wind shifts, plus there's no clouds popping in and out of view, I think it's pretty good actually. I also use weatherset but never thought of using it with the FMC as I was unsure if it really mattered. Another great little piece of software is the trafficlook that also follows with the FSUIPC...use it all the time.Brad...I thought that the Cost Index has no function in the PMDG, ie you can enter a value but it does nothing?ThanksMikkel

Brad is refering to proper operation on the real NG ;). The 800-900 will have CI. We will also have OFFSET and other non implemented FMC items coming. It is a good idea to pratice doing it out of proper routine though...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest rcarlson123

To address your question regarding how to set a "direct-to" waypoint, just enter it as the first waypoint on the LEGS page.For example, if you wish to change your current waypoint into a direct-to waypoint (instead of having the aircraft first intercept the route from your previous waypoint) then just double-select the first LSK on the left (the current waypoint). The first click will down-select the waypoint to the scratchpad, and the second click will up-select it back into place, thus making it a "direct-to" waypoint. Note that you have to EXEC the change before the plane will turn direct to the waypoint. (Assuming you are in LNAV roll mode.)I do this quite often on VATSIM flights when I get vectored away from my initial route by ATC, and then I'm given a "proceed direct FIX" instruction. I set that fix as a direct-to waypoint, engage LNAV, and I'm good to go.