Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

The Barn Door for the GMAX R4D wasn't fully closed!

Gang,Just got back from a short camping trip.....checked the U.S. Mail box and had a VERY pleasant surprise from MAAM!!I ordered the CD from MAAM for the R4D DC-3 just to be a 'nice guy', and even though I have purchased the original CD.....and properly paid my 'donation' last January for the FS2002 update. Just wanted to do it again, for a good cause, and to show my appreciation for being allowed to participate in the beta testing of Jan Visser's Virtual cockpit addition.I popped the CD into my laptop.....that is in the motorhome....as I had not yet gotten around to installing the R4D into it....the installation of FS2002 itself was only two days fresh.Much to MY SURPRISE.......on the CD was the ENTIRE new package of the GMAX R4D !!It looks like that before Roy shot his mouth off and tried to close his big barn door.....that at least a few CD's were burned.....and I have one. Must be a very valuable collectors edition....wouldnt' you say ??Regards,

Guest sbdwag

So who's the winner here?MAAM looses and we loose. Dennis

I'd happily give another donation to MAAM to have the latest version of my favourite aircraft ... but, of course, the whole issue seems to have been about Jan's not wanting to keep hitting the flightsim community for more money as he didn't subscribe to "donationware". We only have Roy's words on that so far, of course. But we're all left in a bit of a moral pickle.I suspect we may hear more from Mr. Chaffin shortly. C'mon, Roy.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Dan,ROFL!This just might be the perfect candidate for EBay!!!But......can't do that.......wouldn't do that.Not to worry.....I have a 31 year old son that will be very happy to have it.Regards,

>I'd happily give another donation to MAAM to have the latest >version of my favourite aircraft ... but, of course, the >whole issue seems to have been about Jan's not wanting to >keep hitting the flightsim community for more money as he >didn't subscribe to "donationware". Just for your info... that was not the actual issue that caused the final breakup. It's also not correct that Jan is against the donations for MAAM. Jan chooses not to comment, which I think is very gentleman-like, so I won't go into it any further either. Just want to make sure that we do not discuss 'facts' that are no 'facts' ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog