Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Looking for suggestions...FMC planning over a pond!

I wanted to do this flight: EINN-CYQX.If you do the direcy GPS route on the game itself it says it is like 1600 miles or something. I then go to a route planner service thing, and the shortest route is 3000!Is there a way to do something about that? I suppose you could fly direct to a way point before an approach, but on mine the plane does not follow the little pink line too good. I flew to Hawaii, with a my second waypoint there, (1st was in WA), and somewhere over the ocean the plane was 70 miles off course (XTK, away from the pink line in the plan window)I am open to any suggestions!

Guest ba747heavy

Sounds like your planner is wrong. Sometimes what happens (especially on the freeware version of FSBuild) is that the navdata that it uses chooses the wrong waypoint in an airway or something like that, and this causes the flight to be longer than it should. This is why proper planning in your preflight is a good thing :)

I would suggest using a third party flightplanner, (FSnav or FSbuild), because the MSFS planner does not handle overseas flights very well. Also, checkout this site http://www.natroutes.glideslope.de/ it will give you the correct north atlantic tracks. With a third party planner you can insert the correct co-ordinates into the route.Dave FisherCYYZ

for my routes, I use this: http:/rfinder.asalink.net/freeI program it in there, but it is too long!Would it be easier to use FSnav or FSbuild? Are they free?

Guest ba747heavy

>Would it be easier to use FSnav or FSbuild? Are they free?Yes, it would be easier. However, you would need to profread your results before you input them into the FMC :) FSBuild is both free and pay(www.fsbuild.com) and FSNavigator is payware(www.fsnavigator.com)

Guest radarbeam

Yep, 1.4 works great for me. NAT routes are featured in it too.Nick

You can download FSNav and try it out for 20 flight sim sessions for free. Just remember to download the PMDG export module so you can export flightplans directly into the FMC.Give it a try.Dave Fisher

when I do a EINN-KJFK FSbuild thing, the first waypoints just say WP1-WP5!how do I get it to work?

Go to www.vatsim-uk.org and click on 'Oceanic' (at the bottom of the screen). There you'll find the current NAT tracks. Just take a note of the waypoints, and you got your route across the pond. From there, just join the appropriate airway and create the rest of your route.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

HiAs far as I've understood NAT it is much up to the crew to decide which way to go. I can give you an example. I was flying from EGLL to CYYZ on the 16th of Dec last year. The track was westbound: MOSIT-5720W-5730W-5740W-5550W-OYSTR.On my way back from CYYZ to EGLL I had the following route:BOBTU-4450W-4640W-4730W-4920W-BEDRANone of which are NAT tracks as far as I understand. But due to wind benefits you can file any route that will gain your overall economical status.Cheers,

thanks a lot man!i figured it out, but going west, in the PMDG they need to be entered like 5720N!

>I figured it out, but going west, in the PMDG they need to be entered like 5720N!http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg