Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robiwankonobi

Cold start - No bleed pressure

Guest Robiwankonobi

Whenever I use a "Cold Start & Dark Cockpit" to begin a PMDG flight, it appears to me that when I use APU bleed, the Bleed Air Duct Pressure Indicator does not show any air pressure at all. If I use a standard start with engines already running and being aligned on the runway, subsequently slewing to a gate and shut down the plane completely, then starting up the engines, the bleed pressure is indicated. Am I missing a switch / procedure during cold start up?

Before Randy or someone else jumps in, you are required to sign your posts with your real name in this forum.Despite that little error, here goes.APU running and gens on bus.On the air conditioning panel make sure the APU Bleed valve (centre switch, bottom row) is on, without that you will get no bleed air.Also make sure the isolation valve (centre, upper row) is open and the pack valves (outer two, upper row) are on Auto or off.Duct pressure should now read about 20 psi.HTHDave

Guest Robiwankonobi

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. I tried it and it works. Must have done something wrong.RegardsRobert