Sign in to follow this  

747-400

Why does the 747-400 respond so slowly in regular mode but fine in 3d mode? Any fixes for this problem?

That should read, "Why does the 747-400 panel respond so slowly in regular mode when compared to the 3d mode in which it runs smoothly? Any fixes for the problem?"Thanks,Rob

I know were not supposed to use the "patch" word, so I won't. But this IS a problem.

Hi,Here comes a link to the solution of your problem.After I edited the panel.cfg file, the panel is a joy to fly.http://flightsimvets.edirectamerica.com/tips_read.asp?id=13You also find hundreds of tricks and tips how to improve the performances in FS2002 on that site. :-)Fly safe,Staffan Ahlberg - FFG

Staffan

Guest Scott Campbell

Or...you can pick up an FS2K2 update version of Staffan's panel at the Flight Deck. A new version will soon be uploaded.Staffan, I did get permission a long time ago, right? ;-)

>Or...you can pick up an FS2K2 update version of Staffan's >panel at the Flight Deck. A new version will soon be >uploaded. >>Staffan, I did get permission a long time ago, right? ;-) Hi Scott,Ofcourse I remember. Go for it....;-)Staffan

Staffan

Guest Scott Campbell

Cool. ;-)

Hey Staffan,How do you get into the panel.cfg file? I am ignorant of such issues. ThanksRob

Guest Scott Campbell

Rob,Any text editor.

Hey Scott,That's for the information. However, what's a text editor. I am quite certain that I will be banned from this site because of my complete ignorance of such things. Most posters here like pros.ThanksRobbieHow do you use a text editor?

You wouldn't be the first to ask ! A text editor is simply the fancy name for Wordpad or Notepad, which should be found on your Start Menu under StartProgramsAccessories.Once the text file is open in either program you can edit the text and save. This is best done when either FS isn't running, or when another plane is loaded.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7d85138992a.jpg