Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

FMC over the other pond (Pacific), and v1.3 question!

First off, the FMCon my other post i was shown the vatsimuk routes over the water, is there one of these for the pacific (KSEA to Phnl)and on 1.3, I bought and downloaded my PMDG on the 12/22/03, do I need this?

Guest hirsch944

HI, this may or may not be of help.This is a real-world flightplan I found on the 'Flight Plan Forum' right here at Avsim. (It's a great source for finding acutl flightplans that are filed by real airlines) The plan is from Aloha Airlines' B73G, and leaves from CYVR to PHNL.AAH321 CYVR-PHNL B737/M EOBT/1705 TTL_EET/0604N0458F370 DCT TOU DCT HQM DCT SEDAR/M078F380 DCT 43N130W DCT HUMOR DCT AXELE DCT BEATS R464 BITTA MAGGI3 A quick decode: AAH321 (flt #) dep-arr, plane, dep time (1705), flight time (ABOUT 6 HOURS), Speed and flight number (458 and FL370) then DCT means Direct, the M078F380 means Mach .078 and FL 380. Routing and the STAR is Maggi3.I tried this flight with a full tanked 737-700 and flamed out with quite a bit of distance to go to sunny Hawaii. Aloha uses modified 73G's with larger fuel tanks, I believe. Perhaps someone in the know can pipe in here with more.Hope that helps,Dave HChief Operating OfficerEagle Express Virtual Airlineswww.EagleExpressVA.com

Guest chrisblore

I believe that some airlines (probably Aloha included) use extended range fuel tanks which allow them to serve a greater variety of destinations through ETOPS compliance (please correct me if this is in any way incorrect). I myself have tried a similar flight and have also found that the 737-700 ran out of fuel, not surprising given the typical usage of a standard 737 ie. shorter inter-city services mostly at a maximum of 4 hours. (shame on me for inefficient fuel planning :D )Hope this helpsChris

Guest mpauli

Hello Mr. ErhartYes, you most probably need the update. It corrects some minor bugs made in the service update 2 which is also called version 1.2! If you havn't bought the plane within the last 48 hours you might need the update.BtW: The plane also flies without the update ;-) but since the file is only about 600k you should probably do this...CheersMartin

You have actually run the tanks dry? Doesn't figure. The PMDG 737NG should make it easily say from PHNL to KOAK on standard -700 fuel tanks. PHNL to KOAKTakeoff weight - 152,000lbsDistance - 2250nmTAS/mach - 450kts/.78MGround speed - 450ktsCruising altitude - FL370Average wind component - 0ktsAverage burn per engine/ph - 2500lbs(5000lbs/ph burn for two engines)Fuel on board at takeoff - 37000lbs2250nm divided by 450kts ground speed = 5 hours flight time.5 hours flight time times 5000lbs/ph burn is 25000lbs of total fuel burn for the flight. 37000lbs of fuel on board at takeoff minus 25000lbs of total fuel burn is 12000lbs of fuel remaining at KOAK. Thats at least two hours of fuel remaining. Recheck the data your inputting to the FMC. Fill up your fuel tanks. Also, sometimes speeding up MSFS may cause some FMC calculation problems.