Sign in to follow this  
Fitz505

Boeing installing new toilets in 737!

Just read on MSNBC, that Boeing is installing new toilets in their new 737's. These will "eliminate the slamming of the toilet seat, that startled the pilots" and "reduce the sucking sound" (their words, not mine). I assume we will be receiving an update patch for this. I'm sure I speak for the other users here, who expecting realism, have been expecting to hear those slamming toilet seats.(You can skip that sucking sound thing though). John Fitzpatrick

Guest hirsch944

I just moved my computer and yoke into the bathroom and have all the realism I could hope for. And I don't have to stop flying this great plane to make 'pit stops.'Dave HChief Operating OfficerEagle Express Virtual Airlineswww.EagleExpressVA.com

Hey John, I got a beta version of that new toilet on MY PMDG 737-700 and it works really good, nice touch with the lid top, now it won't scare me when it falls down (grin). Boeing did a nice job with this new design. Hope UAL does a retro on their fleet of 737's.Bob

Guest harpya

Does anyone know how this Boeing-hardware-update will affect the flushing sound? I really hope PMDG is already making inquiries on behalf of this new and absolutely groundbreaking development! The flushing sound really IS important for the the whole sense of immersion! Also, I wonder if and when PMDG is finally modelling the difference in flushing sounds depending on cabin altitude. This is a real life feature easily overlooked by simulators. I hardly can wait for it any longer! This is even more important for me than the toilet-seat-slamming-down-sound in relation to aircraft bank angle during approach. As we all know, there are always passengers who just don't make it back to their seats in time. This must not be ommitted!Needless to say, I am easily willing to wait for the 800/900/TCAS/WFX additions a few months longer to see the toilet flushing and slamming down sound fixed first!I hope PMDG understands that I have a problem...err... understands.. this problem. ;)

The flushing sound really IS important for the the whole sense of immersion!"Agreed... and we need the toilet vacuum blower motor sound in external views below 16,000' (for when we want to fly the aircraft from the outside) :(Cheers.Ian.