Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

trouble with model.WLVC

this problem was on 1.2 and is still here with 1.3; the problem is with the port and centre arft ceilings showing the wrong texture, i am not sure if this problem occures with any of the 3D cabin models as i only use the 3D cockpit version.

Nameless-(I'm certain you read the forum rules at the top, right? Please sign your name to all posts, thanks!)The only items fixed in this update are those included in the README.We could fix and fix and fix but we will never achieve perfection in all instances.The team is now fully involved in the 800/900, as it is important that this come to market soon so that we may then quickly get the 747-400 wrapped up!I'm sure you'll agree... ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

i not Nameless! bruce is in fact a real name and it has been mine for over 40 years, but in keeping with the forum rules I have also added it as a signature to appear at the bottom of my posts. I'm sorry but i thought having my real name as my login name would have counted.As to the problem i noticed with the model it is a (IMHO) a fairly mojor problem that would be very easy and quick to fix for anybody who has access to the texture co-ordinates of the model, it effectivly renders the plane with winglets and VC unusable (or at least the VC), but if you have now finished with this plane so be it, just that seeing as i only bought it this year i find it disapointing that support for it has now ceased :(If i had access to the texture co-ordinates in the models i would quite happily do the job myself, I am pretty certain all it would need was to copy the co-ordinates straight from the model with stairs to the one without.Other than that the model if great, and i do realise from my own 3D modeling (of racing cars as opposed to aircraft) that there is a point at which you have to stop making improvments/changes to increase accuracy (perfection can never be achieved).CheersBruce

Guest EISN_CONTROL

I would not have the opinion that missing/wrong textures deems the package unusable. That's a bit extreme isnt it?And as for ceasing to support the product-rubbish.You can see that support still exists just by reading through the forum. The only thing that has ceased is continual improvement and after 3 Service updates, I think that's fair enough!John (Once known as Macs)http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest aaron_huber

They say ignorance is bliss, but...Where exactly are the "missing" textures? I fly this model all the time and never noticed anything wrong. How do I reproduce what you are seeing?Aaron

when i say unusable i do not mean it does not work, just that because of the anomilies with this particular model (VC without stairts or Cabin) it makes it undesirable to use (to this end i have changed the offending aircraft so that i now uses the model with stairs that is OK). To see what i mean you only need to go into the VC of the model with winglets and no stairs or cabin and look up or up, the problem can be clearly seen to the port of and aft of the overhead control panel.i realise support is still available through the forum, but i was a little upset to find that less than a month after purchaing one of the most expensive addons for FS I am told that any more problems found would not be fixed. I also added that i would have been quite prepared to do the work myself had i had access to the editing tools required; Having come accross similar problems in my own work i almost 100% certain the correct co-ordinates could be coppied from one of the other models quite easily, with little or no modifcation.