Sign in to follow this  

My first post

This is Spruce, a long time reader of this forum, but finally posting for the first time.I've been with flight sim for about seven years. Besides computers, I'm a high school teacher and Christmas Tree Farmer (thus the ingenious call name). I'm very appreciative of all the info I've gotten off this web site. People are knowlegdable and friendly and Avsim does a great job of maintaining it.Recently went with a gf3 ti500, which replaced the gf2400mx. The gf3 is a solid card. It's coupled with a P 1.8, 512 rdram, standard 17 inch monitor, running XP. Overall I'm pleased with performance. Most sliders are at 80% or better and my fps are usually around 23-25, except with 3rd party scenery or panels. I'm very happy with the Oshkosh scenery by Microsoft. I go to the convention every year and it's quite impressive. Also, the fps are not even affected on my system, which is a big plus.Oh well, enough blabbing. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone for your suggestions.Spruce

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Spruce!A pleasure to meet you and welcome to the circus!A great crowd you have joined, glad to have you with us.Cheers!Heather

Guest Lindy

.... always good to see new people in the forums. I myself am not new to flight simming in general, but am new to using MSFS xxx (any version). My computer isn't quite as powerful as yours, but I'm also enjoying acceptable performance with some of the sliders set almost to the max. I'm sure we all look forward to your more frequent participation now that you've "broken the ice" so to speak. ;-) -Lindy :-rotor wannabe(P3 700mhz, 320mgs RAM, GEForce2 Ti 64 mg video card)

Hi Spruce. Great to have you. BobG

Hiya Spruce ,Now try to get away from here :) I thought a spruce was a aircraft by the way?Alphaxxxxx

Perhaps it is, but the ones on my farm are firmly planted in the ground and from experience I can tell you that even with 10,000 horsepower, there's no way that tree will fly.Regards,Spruce

Hi Spruce and welcome.Great name by the way AND a great material for building aircraft.I started flying FS about 18 months ago (real planes about 10x that much using my own ticket - quite a few more right seat hours on dad's et.al. time :) ). Amazing for the money and when you attach some add-ons from reputable and talented individuals - it is that much better.I hope we hear from you often.