Sign in to follow this  
Guest Art Vandalay

Displays frozen after Overhead Panel (FS2002) with v1.3

Guest Art Vandalay

After opening the overhead panel and closing it again all displays in the main panel view are frozen. If you close the main view (SHIFT-2) and open it again the displays are back alive.PMDG v1.3FS2002 on Win2KPlease help!Art Vandalay

Just as an info. I have the same configuration (SU1.3 - FS2002 - win2K) and the displays work after opening and closing the overhead... Luca Benelli

Guest Art Vandalay

Thanks for the info! Strange thing as I had no Problems like this with 1.2 - the only thing I did was installing v1.3 update.

Guest Hugo Frey

Hi ArtI have the same problems FS2002 on windows xp. I opened already yesterday a thread about that in this Forum.Regards

Guest ba747heavy

Are you gentlemen using the panel switcher(MZALFOLTRI), or the SHIFT-num combination?

Guest Art Vandalay

Im using the Keyboard-Shortcut of course.EDIT: Just noticed that all that wont happen if you open and close overhead-panel via clicking the MZALFOTRI (O) but this is no solution. As it worked fine in v1.2 there must be a way to get it back working like before. An update shouldnt be a downgrade in usability.So, how can I get this work again without spooling back to 1.2?ThanksArt

Guest ba747heavy

Art,The keyboard commands are *not* supposed to be used - thats why the panel switcher is there. Many bad things can happen if you use the keyboard commands, so I recommend using the panel switcher.I think(don't quote me on this) the reason PMDG uses the panel switcher is so that the panel is only drawing the visable gauges, and not hidden ones.

Guest Art Vandalay

I had absolutely NO problems using keyboard-shortcuts until v1.3, whether in framerate or functionality.Situation:Hand flown approach (Thats at least what I do most times). Right Hand on Stick.So you reccomend me to take my LEFT hand moving across the table to the right hand side...clicking on the lower left side in the main panel view to open overhead and then moving pointer from the lower left all the way up to the upper right to click and close it again instead of just pressing Shift-7???Anyway...what I dont understand is why everything worked just perfect with key-shorts before 1.3. Id wonder if its possible to get this fixed manually without loosing the other great changes of 1.3. Can you help?ThanksArt

Guest Hugo Frey

HiOf course I use Keyboard shortcuts. Until v1.3 I had no problems with that.Regards

Guest aaron_huber

I must admit I've never understood these threads. It has always been stated clearly that using the FS keyboard shortcuts is not supported since you'll end up with multiple panels loaded simultaneously.What I don't understand is, why don't you use the PMDG keyboard shortcuts, which are supported? You can find them in the PMDG menu since the 1.2 release. The default shortcuts aren't exactly short (Ctrl-Shift-Tab-6, for example), but you can customize them to whatever you want.Aaron

Guest Art Vandalay

Hi Aaron,thats what I wanted to know...so you see..the purpose of "threads like this" is to get an answer to a question. Nothing more about it.Thanks!Art

Fred et alFor the users that uses two or more monitors the use of key-commands are impoerative. You can't have tho O/H open on the second monitor while having a main panel open on the first monitor using the MALZFOTRI technique. This is why some people is reporting this problem including myself. But for me this is solved if I close and open up the main panel once (using shift+2 twice). After that all main panels will update as usual. I.e. this problem will only occur initially when loading the panel.As other has reported this worked pre SU1.3Cheers,