Sign in to follow this  
hakhal

Service Update V1.3

"The following changes were made for Version 1.3:- DIRECT keyword now ignored in procedures"Is it possible to make this SID/STAR keyword/command work instead of ignore it? After passing an overfly waypoint I would like the bird to continue direct to the next waypoint. As it is now the bird intercepts the track between the overfly wpt and next wpt and that results in unwanted turns.Kind regards,Hakan

Guest rellehenk

I asked this so many times but never got an answer from pmdg :(I have the same problem. The direct command is needed to make the proper turns. After overflying waypoints and sometimes after "keep trk until xxx ft"

My way to handle the problem is that after passing the "overfly wpt" I use the CDU to command "Direct to" the next waypoint. I also use to fly HDG SEL in stead of LNAV.Hakan

Guest HJOrtmann

As far as I know also in real life the DIRECT command is working this way, even if you engage it via the FMC: it calculates the new route segment at the moment of engagement, not continuously. As a consequence, if you engage DIRECT, the plane always 'overshoots' and is directed back to the calculated route segment.The interpreted SID/STAR file is handled in the same way. Therefore the DIRECT keyword is not necessary anymore - it wouldn't change the behaviour at all ;)I totally agree, there should be a possibility to use a different (continuously) "DIRECT TO" calculation - but it seems, even in real life this is not available...