Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Can't get Stabilizer trim to work

I know this has been brought up before, but I sure can't figure out what's going on. Adjusting trim will move the stabilizers just a small amount then it resets immediately to level. Does same exact thing whether I use keyboard or CH Yoke (made sure to delete the Yolk assignment when testing with keyboard).Works fine with default aircraft. And works a little better if I switch to default aircraft then switch back to PMDG. When I do that the movement is jerky, but at least it will hold the trim position. But if I load FS directly to PMDG 737, doesn't seem to work at all.Any ideas?Matt

I have EXTACTLY the same problem. It resets itself and jumps at the same time. And worst of all, it desengage the AP.I have this problem with V1.2 but not V1.1. I really hope it's gone with V1.3, but I doubt it.Anyone has some ideas? This problem is keeping me stuck with V1.1 !!

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

>I have EXTACTLY the same problem. It resets itself and jumps>at the same time. And worst of all, it desengage the AP.>>I have this problem with V1.2 but not V1.1. I really hope>it's gone with V1.3, but I doubt it.>>Anyone has some ideas? This problem is keeping me stuck with>V1.1 !!Glad its not just me. Didn't have problem in 1.1. But it's there in 1.2 and 1.3. Also very irritating to have autopilot just turn off by itself more or less randomly. Hopefully someone has figured out a work around.Other side effect is makes it hard to take off because you can't set trim to take off config.Matt

Guest aaron_huber

There aren't exactly work arounds to either, since both are expected/desired behavior.The pitch trim by default is way too sensitive which made it too hard to fine tune it to the correct angle, so PMDG implemented some logic to reduce the trim movement. What you end up with is the large default movement of the trim, followed by a correction back toward the original setting. The end result is a smaller trim correction per key press. The "sawtooth" action is a result of this correction, and it has been stated that this is the best that can be done given the FS limitations. It is moving, you just need a few more key presses to get it where you want.The autopilot is controlling the trim when it is enabled, so if you try to move it manually, the A/P will disconnect. This is how it works in the real plane and is correctly simulated by PMDG.Aaron

>There aren't exactly work arounds to either, since both are>expected/desired behavior.>I don't think this is expected behavior. Shouldn't it be possible to adjust the trim and have it hold the position you move it to? What it does is always snaps back to the center.>The autopilot is controlling the trim when it is enabled, so>if you try to move it manually, the A/P will disconnect. This>is how it works in the real plane and is correctly simulated>by PMDG.>Problem I'm seeing is that I'm not touching the trim, but the A/P seems to think I am and turns off autopilot on it's own.Matt

Matt, Check a couple of things. If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC make sure that "Reverse Elevator Trim sensing" is deselected in the FSUIPC Menu. Next. Trim the Stab in one direction or the other for at least 4-5 seconds and see if it moves 1-2 units and holds and let me know. If it doesn't, then may need to run the removal tool and reinstall. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Thanks Paul, I'll try that and if still no go, I'll try reinstall.It does seem to work a little better if I use the keyboard to adjust trim instead of lever on my CH yoke.Matt