Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Does ILS freq show up in the FMC?

If not, is there a good way to get this? I had a pretty decent fly from KSBA to KSAN, and when I got there, despite pretty foggy approach, I didn't have the ILS. Alas, the map mode was adequate to get in the ball park.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest aaron_huber

From the FMC manual (page 8-47) referring to the APPROACH REF page, where you select your landing flaps:---- cut ----http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/58533.jpgHelpful Note!: This information is only displayed after an approach the the destination has been selected in the DEP/ARR menu.ILS FREQUENCY/COURSE: To further assist the crew with rapid information management, the instrument approach frequency and final approach course are provided at the 4L LSK after an instrument approach is selected to the destination airport.---- cut ----Also, you can hit the INDEX option, select NAV DATA, and enter the three character ID for the ILS in the NAVAID IDENT field, assuming you know it.Assuming you don't have FSNavigator, which makes getting the ILS frequencies really simple, you can always use the built in FS map. Just zoom in until you can see the runway and click on it, and one of the entries on the list should be the ILS. Select it to bring up the properties including the frequency.Aaron

>Also, you can hit the INDEX option, select NAV DATA, and enter>the three character ID for the ILS in the NAVAID IDENT field,>assuming you know it.Hi Aaron,For some reason the ILS freq and other data is not showing up, despite entering a dep/arr info. I selected DILS16L (if I recall) at KSEA and activated it, but again, no ILS freq.How do you find out the 3 character ID for the ILS?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,I don't believe that the ILS freq and runway data is displayed until after you have entered the cruise phase of the flight. Once you are at your cruising altitude, the info will appear on the FMC for the runway that you selected in the dep/arr page.Hope this helps,Dave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Does the entire flight have to be controlled by the FMC for the data to display? I was about 80nms north of KOAK, having come south from KACV, and yet again, no ILS freq. I set up the correct dep/arrival, and selected rwy 11, activated, then hit the EXEC button. The map showed the correct approach etc but again, no ILS freq. I was flying under manual and autopilot control, vs turning over more to the FMC as I'm sure it's possible to do. I'll try a few more times and maybe I'll have some luck. I haven't had the time to go through the nicely made manual.Thanks Folks for your responses!Noel

Noel

Guest aaron_huber

I think you have to select an ILS approach, not just a runway. Select something like "DILS" on the list.Aaron

Thanks for your quick replies. I didn't do the obvious, which is to select an approach first, then select a runway. I had just selected the approach without going back and accepting a runway. With both selected, voila it's all there :().Quick other question if you know of hand: can you get pushback to turn in right or left, or does it just go straight back?And another question! Any way to get some VC lighting during daylight hours? It's pretty dark in there, and the instruments don't light up real well. Couldn't find anything in the manual about that.Fantastic piece of work though! Wouldn't mind a different livery, but I guess that is coming. Pricey package, but in a new class, ala, Next Gen!Noel

Noel

>Wouldn't mind a different livery, but I guess that is coming. Pricey >package, but in a new class, ala, Next Gen!Hi Noel,You can find an abundance of liveries both on www.precisionmanuals.com at their download page all for free, and here at the avsim file repository, made by other PMDG nuts. I think you'll find a livery that suits your needs!Hope it helps,