Sign in to follow this  

FSMeteo users! Question???

I decided to purchase it. My question is though i keep getting a server 1 and 2 down when i try to retrieve the weather info. Is this a common ocurance?Ed (The other Ed):-zhelp

Guest KenG

Happens occasionally, but I used it a couple hours ago for a 1.5 hr flight and never had any problems.Has it ever connected for you? If not, then your setup is wrong. Make sure to read the docs. Without more info, it's hard to suggest a solution.

Yes it has. I did with the demo last night and this am i got and installed the full version. using the auto dial method and it connects to the internet and comes up across the top bar with getting weather and then say's server #1 down then goes to #2 then says they are down and try another method. So im sure im set up right im just hoping that the server down issue does not happen alot? Thanks for replying,Ed (The other Ed)

Guest UweR

Hi, I found that the servers aren

Guest AA727

Are you using zone alarm? If so the nyou have to make sure it is running and give it access to fsmeteo to connect to the internet or it won't work.. I had the same problem for several days until I figured it out..JC

Guest Edam

What UweR said...if you have a bad connection, FSMeteo seems to "time-out" if it can't connect within a certain amount of time.

after posting i went and tried it again and sure enough it worked fine. Its sure is nice flying in ever changing environment! It was great!Thanks for the help all! I guess it was just a server problem at the time?Ed (The other Ed):-wave

Guest KenG

It may not have been a problem with the weather server, but one of the servers between your computer and the weather server. That happens from time to time. It's good to hear things are working again.The only problem I have with the changing weather is when I'm chasing bad weather and by the time I get to the destination that looked so bad an hour ago, it's cleared up. I enjoy flying 767PIC into realistic CAT III conditions. I know I could just download the weather and stay off line, but I like to be more realistic than that. Oh well, off to find more bad weather.

I used to do that, Just down load with the default one in FS2K2 and then just fly around. But, after using FSMeteo and having it updated every 6 min. I just dont want to fly without it. I feel like im missing something without out it, seems less realistic? So now every time i fly i use it.Ed#2:-beerchug

FS METEO may update every 6 minutes, but the weather it's using is only updated every Hour ;-)