Sign in to follow this  
Guest jawbreaker

can't install SU3

Guest jawbreaker

hi all. after i downloaded the new service update yesterday, i tried to install it. but for some reason, the install-progress won't start. i doubleclick, but nothing happens. the same occures with the installation-file for the 737-700 "hamburg international" livery. i had no problems with other liveries. i'm using winXP and FS2002.any clues?thanks,stu

Stu-Not sure what would cause the problem you report- but we do have one other fellow who experienced the same thing...I rebuilt the installer SERVICE PACK 1.3 installer using an older version of the instaler software just in case that is the issue...Redownload the SERVICE PACK 1.3 from the Downloads Arena and try it...Let me know if you succeed or not, please!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest jawbreaker

thanks for your efforts, but unfortunately it didn't have any effect. still can't run the installer. i guess it's a problem with my operating system, but strangely some installers (i.e. fed ex and lauda liveries) do work.greets,stu

Guest jawbreaker

hi again. i solved the problem a minute ago. funny story: i renamed the file, and made the name shorter than it was. stangely it worked then. it seems that the long filename was the reason why it didn't work. dunno why, but that's how it is...:-)thanks again,stu