Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jukebox

Concerned about download method!

Guest Jukebox

PMDG Gentlemen, I am quite impressed by the support shown in this forum concerning the 737NG! The customer owners "OVERWHELMING POSITIVE FEEDBACK" I am reading (IMO very important!) concerning this product coupled with your caring and profesional attitude has convinced me-I WANT THIS PRODUCT! To make a long story short I,m on an extremely slow dial-up (AT BEST 2.9K P/S)! Can I download with a resumable utility like Getright? I could never even hope to complete a 69 Meg download without a disconnection!(I did do a search and could not find a thread asking this)! Thanks for any input! Jukebox P.S.I wonder if anyone has a slower dial-up connection? Hmmm? "SOMEDAY I WILL FLY IN A REAL B-17"!!!

Guest ba747heavy

Affirmative, you can use Getright to download from the server. RSR has mentioned that dialup users have a special accomidation. :D He has the file split into easier to download chunks. Not sure how to get those smaller chunks....have to wait for someone with more knowledge to step in :)

Guest Jukebox

Fred, I want to thank you for taking the time to respond with your helpful info! I now have first hand knowledge about the great support from the PMDG team! Have a great day! Jukebox "SOMEDAY I WILL FLY IN A REAL B-17"

Hi JukeboxSend an email to support@precisionmanuals.com and tell them about your problem. They should be able to give you directions towards those chunks Fred was mentioning!Cheers,PS. Please sign with your real name as per the forum rules ;-)

Guest Jukebox

Mats, Sorry about the name thing!(I should have read the rules!) The email I will do ASAP! I,m relieved I,m able to go ahead and purchase this product and I thank you for your help! Rick Bruce "SOMEDAY I WILL FLY IN A REAL B-17"