Sign in to follow this  
Guest esperienza

efis mode/nav freq disagree...

Guest esperienza

Hi everyone, enjoying the 737 just as much as I am? Beside the dum question I do need clarification regarding this error message(efis mode/nav freq disagree)I get everytime I swicth to the app mode on the main panel.I have set the ils frequency for the runway before intercept..of course but I always get the message when I swicth to monitor glideslope capture and localizer intercept.Am I doing something wrong?If not is there a walkaround for this problem?Ciao guys,David

Guest ba747heavy

David,I think this error pops up when the NAV1 and NAV2 recievers disagree.

Guest esperienza

Hi, thanks for your response but I don't qiut understand what you mean when you say nav1 and nav2 recievers disagree.Do you mean that at the time I swicthed to app. mode there were two different frequencies for the ils, one in nav1, the other in nav2?I'll check it out again and let you know if thats what were both talking about.Thank you,David

Guest firehawk44

Hi David,I receive the same error message as soon as I goto APP mode. I have entered the correct ILS NAV frequency in NAV 1 and NAV 2. What I have noticed however is that the error message goes away as soon as the ILS is intercepted (or soon thereafter) and landing continues w/o any problems. If your error message remains on even if the ILS is captured, I think you have a minor problem vs something major as the message does not appear to affect landing. Hope this helps.Jim Young

Guest jumpjet

DavidThe same ILS frequency has to be intered into NAV1 and NAV2 for a full autopilot autoland. You also need to have the second autopilot engaged.Graham

Guest esperienza

Hi Graham, yes I do have both frequencies in nav1 and nav2 and I always thought the second AP should be engaged from 2500 feet down.What happens if intercept occurs at higher altitude?Anyway I'll try another flight to see if that (turning on second autopilot) has anything to do with the error message and let you know.Thanks Graham...David

Guest esperienza

Hi Jim, no this doesn't effect landing performance in any way.I'll be doing some more flights tonight so I'll let you know what happens.Thank you Jim,David

Guest esperienza

Hi simmers, I tried another flight with the 737 and try following some suggestions as turning on the second autopilot but I still get the message.Anyway no big deal just curious if anyone had a solution..that's all.Talk to you later guys,David

Guest Iz

Well, what this message means is that you have your ND on APPR (ILS) mode and no ILS frequency is set on your side (NAV1 for captain, NAV2 for first officer). It also occurs when you set your ND to VOR mode and you have an ILS frequency dialed in.The way you describe it (setting the ILS freq and then switching your ND EFIS mode to APPR), you shouldn't get the error message, unless you're doing it the other way around.

Guest esperienza

Hi, yes your absolutely right!As a matter of fact I get the message only in VOR mode when I've tuned both nav with an ILS frequency and not in APPR mode as I wrote before so everything is ok.Sorry about that.Thanks,David