Sign in to follow this  
Guest alanrco

Do luv the 737 but...

Guest alanrco

Just landed at EGLL at dusk (5.0pm GMT) after installing the latest SU1.3Why, at dusk and dawn do the landing or taxi lights still not work!Also when setting the Altimeter knob to STD, if I have not manually set to 29.92 the altitude readouts during communications read incorrectly. eg if I'm at 31000 I may report 31400 depending on what the bp was before STD. Surely the centre knob should do this automatically.Alan

Hi Alan,>Why, at dusk and dawn do the landing or taxi lights still not>work!This is a FSism. light textures will not load until a certain "level" of darkness is achieved in the sim. >Also when setting the Altimeter knob to STD, if I have not>manually set to 29.92 the altitude readouts during>communications read incorrectly. eg if I'm at 31000 I may>report 31400 depending on what the bp was before STD. Surely>the centre knob should do this automatically.This is also related to something in the FS engine. This altitude discrepancy will be reported with every aircraft you fly. At least that's what I've discovered on my side here. Hope it helps,

Guest alanrco

Thanks for the info, MatsCouple of things I've noticed though.1. If I start the sim stationary at an airport at dusk at the very same time that previously I was landing and then switch on the landing and taxi lights, they work. It only seems to happen when I'm landing the aircraft.2. I use Ultimate Traffic and these aircraft are using their lights at the same time when I cannot get mine to work. Obviously FS must use a different set of programming rules for AI.Alan

Well. That additional info puts the landing/taxi light issue in a different perspective. And I'm sorry I can't help you further, as I haven't had this problem.Maybe someone can chip in here for additional assistance? ;-)Cheers,