Sign in to follow this  
scanham

Throttle Lever Movement

I have never bothered to post this because it's not that big a deal, but has anyone else experienced the throttle lever moving up and down erratically while autothrottle is engaged? Is there something that can be done about this? Doesn't seem realistic.Thanks,Steve

Steve Canham

Guest Buck Bolduc

I beleive thats why they call it autothrottle. It automaticly moves the throttles levers for speed adjustment...hello.Natural accorence.

Guest lbb

The auto throttle on the real thing is slightly more subtle than what is observed here :-)The erratic movement, AFAIK, is caused by the fact that not all positions of the throttle are modelled visually. You have say ten possible displays of throttle positions and if the real position is somewhere in between the display might flip back and forth between two display situations. (Am I making myself clear here?)Hope this helps,Leo Bakker

Leo,Yes, I understand what you are saying. I can certainly live with it...my main concern was that maybe I had a setting wrong which caused it. I remember that the PIC 767 had a similar problem when FS2002 was released and it was caused by incompatibility with the new FS2002 trim. Now that I know that others have the same thing happen, then I feel better :-)Thanks for your help.Steve Canham

Steve Canham

Try setting the sensitivity for your throttle as high as it will go.This worked for me. My goflight throttle quad was very jumpy now its movement is hardly noticeable.