Sign in to follow this  
Guest cordelia

Patch 1.3 - Its a step backwards for me..

Guest cordelia

Ok guys and gals,Here is the low down on 1.3 from my perspective. I have a two pc rig , Fs9 running on a 2g P4 with a GeForce3 64mb Ti500 , all other apps running on a P3 750 via wide FS. The PMDG has been running fine apart from crazy rudder inputs.1.3 installed.Flight from Egll to Eddf all started well in the 737 - 700 2d cockpit - baw landor .Brakes - get a lound low beep/noise on braking - too loud and never had that before.Takeoff (was rather good if i say so myself :-) )Cruise - On switching between the M and Z panels , on going back to the Main view the displays were frozen. If I popped the CRT displays out of the panel they unfroze. If I "looked" left or right they unfroze. The ticking sound (air con?) also stopped when the displays were frozen. was the only app running. Descent into EDDF - frame rates now between 4-10. AS2004 turned off - no difference. Change plane to the other BA livery (downloaded from the pmdg site) no difference Approach - now at 4fps. Switched to task manager , FS the only app running. System idle process taking 24% of CPU. later this rose to 99%.On a seperate note,anyone got any idea how to get the SIgauge (servinfo) on to panels other than the main (especially Z and A)? This isnt a hacked off moan PMDG - just feedback. Thus far I would probably revert to 1.2StevePS The only other changed since it worked perfectly was an upgrade to the latest FSUIPC

Steve-Looks like you might want to spend a bit more time with the docs.... and take a good hard look at the PMDG/OPTIONS menu.... >Brakes - get a lound low beep/noise on braking - too loud and>never had that before.This is what is known as the Takeoff Configuration Warning Horn. It's been there since Version 1.0... It's operation is discussed in the manual.... >Takeoff (was rather good if i say so myself :-) )Of course! (If it wasn't- never admit it....just my professional opinion!)>Cruise - On switching between the M and Z panels , on going>back to the Main view the displays were frozen. If I popped>the CRT displays out of the panel they unfroze. If I "looked">left or right they unfroze. The ticking sound (air con?) also>stopped when the displays were frozen. was the only app>running.I'm not able to duplicate this here- and we have not had any other user reports of this problem..... We'll keep our eyes out, however...>Descent into EDDF - frame rates now between 4-10. AS2004>turned off - no difference. Change plane to the other BA>livery (downloaded from the pmdg site) no differenceThere were no changes in the Version 1.3 update that effect frame rates.... Most of the changes will provide no improvement/deterioration of fps. The indexed FPS change on my machien was not measurable.>PS The only other changed since it worked perfectly was an>upgrade to the latest FSUIPC This should not effect things- but it might be worth a visit to the older version for benchmarking.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Steve,Just my two cents, but none of the concerns that you expressed have happened on my system. Patch 1.3 had done all the things that PMDG said it should. I have looked at the FPS many times on 3 flights since the release and they have not changed, even with the update to FSUIPC.I can't explain why you have seen these drops, but it has not happen with me as I said.Bob Johnson

>Steve,>>Just my two cents, but none of the concerns that you expressed>have happened on my system. Patch 1.3 had done all the things>that PMDG said it should. I have looked at the FPS many times>on 3 flights since the release and they have not changed, even>with the update to FSUIPC.>>I can't explain why you have seen these drops, but it has not>happen with me as I said.>>Bob JohnsonI'll bet your comments make him feel a whole lot better - thus far it would appear he is on his own.Anyway just to add some salt - SU1.3 works OK on my system too. No evidence of lesser frame rates - if they were any lower the plane would qualify as a rotorless helicopter :-) and certainly no freezes requiring any panel switching.Andy b

Guest cordelia

Ahh yes the horn, ok, is there a manual :-0 I concede that one!On the panel freezing - I beg to differ that I am on my ownhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=35428&page=5I notice that the thread warns of dire consequences on using joystick/keyboard controls to change views. I will remove these and report back.I think the plan will be to try the same flight again tonight and see what happens.Steve

Guest cordelia

Hey can I get some humble pie round here? Large helping with a side order of sorrow?I have traced the source of my slide show problems. Its not FSUIPC its not PMDG (1.3 works like a charm) its the active radar module of active sky.Once turned on, it hogd the cpu, even when turned off.Hey - and tow alka seltzers to go!Steve

Guest cordelia

Hey can I get some humble pie round here? Large helping with a side order of sorrow?I have traced the source of my slide show problems. Its not FSUIPC its not PMDG (1.3 works like a charm) its the active radar module of active sky.Once turned on, it hogged the cpu, even when turned off.Hey - and two alka seltzers to go!Steve

Guest bigun

Steve,Humble pie ain't so bad:) I've chowed down on a few pieces myself over the years with FS. Glad your getting it sorted out.

That's the reason I removed the dll completley in regards to the Activesky radar module. Nice but we don't have Cray computers.

Eric 

Guest cw1011

You might want to do a spyware and virus check. I've been inundated with spy crud lately - yesterday it pretty much shut down my internet explorer and really slowed down my machine overall. I purchased Spy Hunter, the next evolution of Spy Bot and find it does a good job of rooting those foul tasting cookies and programs from my computer.

Guest cordelia

ColinDid the full virus and spyware check, its definitely ActiveradarSteve

>Cruise - On switching between the M and Z panels , on going>back to the Main view the displays were frozen. If I popped>the CRT displays out of the panel they unfroze. If I "looked">left or right they unfroze. The ticking sound (air con?) also>stopped when the displays were frozen. was the only app>running.This freeze thing, also occured in version 1.2 at my setup. And I remember that more people had this issue and posted it here. Somebody noted that it could only be avoided if you used the panel to switch to other screens instead of the shortcut keys Shift-1 to 9.In version 1.3 I have the same issue.