Sign in to follow this  
Guest yasack

FSNavigator and PMDG 737

Guest yasack

I hope someone can help me.I am new to FS and have recently purchased the PMDG 737. The problem I am having is when I create a flight plan using FSNavigator 4.6, I cant seem to use the A/p option within the navigator program. This in turn means I am unable to fly using the autopilot and route created in FSNavigator.I would appreciate any help that you can give me.Thanks,Richard Forster

Guest ben_hewitt

You should try out the inbuilt autopilot and flight management system!, much better than FSNAV-it's a dynamic system where you can control basically everything!. You can still make the route in FSNAV then input it into the FMC :)

Guest yasack

I have tryed to import the Nav flight plan that I have created, but I cant see how to do that. Have had a look at the manual, but again cant find anything in there which tells me how to import. Could you give me a brief description on how to import the Nav route I have created.Thanks.Richard Forster

Guest ben_hewitt

I mean make the route then write them down then individually type them into the FMC.

Guest Wills402

FSNavigator cannot control the autopilot of complex aircraft (most all payware) and I dont' know why you would want it to do it anyway. The 737 has an excellent autopilot and FMC. You can build flight plans and export them to PMDG flightplans using a utility available on the FSNavigator website. http://www.fsnavigator.com/download.htmI use FSNavigator primarily as a MAP and use FS Build for actual flight planning.William

Guest yasack

William,Thanks for that I will see how I get on. Once I have exported it to PMDG737 how do I load it into the FMC?Richard Forster

Guest Wills402

Richard, When you export from fsnavigator to PMDG it will suggest a file name. for example KLAX to KSEA would show up as KLAXKSEA001.rteI always get rid of the 001 at the end of the name so that I can type just the airport names as the route. You would type in KLAXKSEA then click on LSK2 (second button down on the left of the fmc) You will then see both the origin and destination blocks filled in for you. You can also see what flight plans you have in your PMDG flights folder by selecting Navdata from the INIT/REF INDEX page and then selecting FLT PLNS. Hope this helps.William

Guest aaron_huber

Just to add a note: I included fairly lengthy step by step instructions on exporting the RTE file and loading it into the FMC in the the readme file I included with the DLL. Take a look there and it should help you through the whole process. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions.Aaron

Using the export module mentioned earlier, I have just used FSNAV to create a flight, exported it to FS9 and the B737NG FMC. When flew the route FS9 ATC and the B737 FMC were completly in-sync uptil the point, mentioned earlier, when FS9 starts to direct you to the approach. At this point you can use the FMC to set up the ILS on the given runway and do a fully automated landing.:-sun1

Guest cw1011

Don't feel bad - this is not obvious if you are not familiar with FMCs and using FS NAV in conjunction. Here is the simple proceedure. 1. Create a flight plan in FS Nav. Then:1) save it in your flight plans in FS Nav so you can edit it in the ffuture without having to recreate it, 2) export to FS2004 so ATC can load it as an IFR flight plan, and,3) export to PMDG 737 so the plane's FMC can load it. The export and save commands are found by pressing the plan button next to "id" in the window where the text of the flight plan is listed. 2. Alt-Tab back to the desktop and open up your FS9 directory wherever it lives and open up the PMDG file in the main root directory. You will see a folder marked flight plans and a .rte file with the name of your flight plan. All you have to do is move the .rte file into the flight plan file. You may also want to give it an easy name to remember and type into the FMC using just the airport codes.I'm sure there is a way to tell FS Navigator to make the Flightplan file the default for the PMDG plans - I just havn't had time to find that setting. 3. Alt-Tab back into FS, load up the aircraft at your starting point and do the following: 1) Fire up the airplane and open the FMC (F button)2) Put your location (airport code) into the location ident line, then open the route page.3) Using the keypad on the FMC, punch in the name of the file you moved into Flightplans, and hit the button next to the line under "company routes" and the FMC should load up the plan. The FMC will ask you to activate - yes. Then hit exec which will have just lighted up. You still need to input your cruising altitude, cost index etc, but the lateral flight plan is now active and in the plane's nav computer. Now the plane's auto pilot can fly the route, not FS Navigator. Couple of tips: know your expected departure and arrival runways. Commercial pilots are told "expect runway 24 right via the Gorman arrival and the Stadium visual approach" when they get their clearance. Us virtual pilots don't get that info from controllers. You have to check the weather at your destination and then prepare for an arrival on the appropriate runways. Knowing what arrival and approach proceedures are the best fit for your entry into the terminal area is also very helpful.All this info can be input into the FMC on the fly, so to speak. If you are cleared for the Randazzo arrival, Lefteris approach into 24 left at Vic Simone International Airport and Blue Blob factory, you can put this into your flight plan simply using the arrival and departure buttons on the FMC. And, if there is a certain approach you have been aching to fly, you can also request it from ATC if the wind if conditions permit. It is a relativly simple matter to edit any route discontinuities using the plan display which shows the flight plan for each page of waypoints displayed on the legs page. Do yourself a favor and complete the tutorial flights available on the website. Great way to get to know the FMC and autopilot useage. Hope this helps.

Guest Vincent

why I can't find to export the FP from FSNav to PMDG FMC??Is anything goes wrong??

Guest hellogoodbye

>2) export to FS2004 so ATC can load it as an IFR flight plan,Now THAT'S a nice one...! The one thing I don't like about the PMDG FMC and the FS ATC is that they don't 'work together'. I never use the FS planner since the results are bad (not realistic at all). So, I use an online flightplanner that does give better results and manually put it in the FMC. Big disadvantage is of course the the FS ATC can't be used in this case... I already tried to solve it a little by letting the FS planner plot a route (which always looked different) and use the ATC at the beginning and somewhere near the end of the flight (tuning into wrong stations during the rest of the flight in order to prevent IFR canceling).But from what you've said I understand you can get the EXACT same flightplan into the FMC and the FS ATC! Does this work well? Does the ingame ATC do a good job on keeping you on the exact plan you have in the FMC? And how about SIDS and STARS? Does the FS ATC also follow those (a little)?I'm thinking about flying on Vatsim because I like flying with ATC, but to be honest I don't really have the time for it... Usually I have a little hour here and there in which I can fly, so I use time accel a LOT. Vatsim takes too much time... If this FSNAV option to export plans also helps to make the FS ATC work better with the PMDG 737, I would be very glad and very tempted to buy FSNAV! (You CAN manually build a flightpplan in FSNAV, can't you...? Because FSNAV plans also aren't very realistic, so I've heard. It would be nice if I could get a REAL flightplan from the internet, manually plot it in FSNAV and the export it to the PDMG FMC and FS. Is that possible?)

Guest bobsk8

I use FSNAV to create the Flightplans and then import them into the FMC and FS9. I find that on takeoff, ATC usually tries to route me directly onto the flight path so I manually follow their directions. Once on the flightplan path you can engage PMDG autopilot on Nav and it follows the flight plan and ATC basically just gives you altitude instructions until time for approach, since ATC doesn't need to correct your heading at all. I find that FSNAV flightplans much better than FS9 and it is so easy to edit them if you want.

Guest Vincent

Can anyone tell me how can I export the FSNav Flight Plane to PMDG's FMC?I have set the route in FSNav but I don't know I should export it to the FMC.....Can anyone tell me??And where can I load the Flight Plan to the FMC.thx very much!~

Guest bobsk8

There is a file on the FS Nav web site that will allow you to exportthe plan to several different types of aircraft, one of which is the PMDG. Download the file, install it in FSNAV and click on export and you will see a list including PMDGhttp://www.fsnavigator.com/download/pmdg737expv10.zip