Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Handle your A/C using your real voice!!

Hi everyone!Just thought I should share this with everyone who doesn't already know about it. I downloaded a water texture add-on the other day here on AVSIM and included in the package was a tip about another product - a freeware "voice commander" program. I've now checked it out and tried it with FS and it works absolutly great!! Just imagine to be able to almost "speak for real" to the ATC instead of pressing different buttons and to be able to simply call out "Gear up" to raise your gear....or say "look right" to actually look right out of the cockpit...Personally I think this is one of the absolutly most amazing freeware programs I've seen in quite some time and I suggest anyone tired of remembering lots of keyboard commands to try it out! And part from not having to press the keyboard (or any other control devices for that matter) I think it also adds ALOT to the sense of realism when you're flying.Since 95% of my time infront of my PC is high up in the sky in my PMDG 737 I of course mainly use it for FS, but it works with all other kinds of games and programs as well.You can find more information and download it here:http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shootAll the best,

Richard Åsberg

Guest iflyswa

I have a question about this voice stuff...can you fly online with it? What I mean is when you talk to ATC does it mess up at all? Or does it just recognize the voice commands that are programmed? I just read it and my questions sounds kinda wierd so I hope you know where I'm coming from :)

I have been using 'Shoot' for some time now and it is very good at what it does. It converts your voice commands to a series of key strokes so that you don't have to press the equivalent keys on the keyboard. However when it comes to the 'special' keyboard controls for the B7373NG FMC/MCP there is a problem. These commands use the TAB key (as a control key)in a key sequence e.g. 'Decrease Altitude' = CTRL+TAB+Z. You can't do this as, 'Shoot' treats the TAB key as a normal key not a control key like CTRL or SHFT. For the basic FS9 commands it is great and you can fly with virtually no keyboard use.I hope this helps.

Guest ben_hewitt

You should fly on Vatsim if you want to speak to real ATC :)

Keith - Actually that's no problem at all. Just enter this in your profile file and Shoot will convert your key combination just fine even though it includes the TAB key:For some reason which I'm not sure of you have to handle the TAB key this way. Normally you would simply have wrote......and I guess that's what you've been trying.Nick - Haven't had the time yet to start learing about online flying and the different voice clients I know are available for that purpose, but if there's no technical issues running two "voice programs" at the same time (guess that can be dependent on your sound card capabilities as well) there shouldn't be any problem using Shoot during online flying since you define a "Push-to-talk" button in Shoot giving you the opportunity to choose when Shoot should "listen" and not.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

I don't doubt for a second that's the most fun thing to do :-) and as soon as I have the time I'll start digging into how to set everything up and have it work. Lots of different programs, modules, extra settings in your FS9.cfg file and you name it to have it work as supposed...Yesterday when I took a flight to test Shoot out I simply said "Reverse" in my microphone right after touch-down and heard the nice and familiar sound of the reverse effect kick in from the engines outside the plane...doubt AVSIM can do that for you...;-)Seriously I think a mix of online flying with "real" ATC, a program like Shoot and all other great add-ons (and a great a/c like PMDG's 737 of course ;-)) is the best deal and the closest you'll ever get a real cockpit sitting infront of an ordinary computer.All the best,

Richard Åsberg

Nick,Just to add to what Richard posted about using Shoot along with on line flying such as VATSIM.As Richard said you define a PTT button for Shoot just as you do for RW or AVC so the programs don't get confused but the wrong voice 'commands' (you might though :-))There is a warning in Shoot's readme file though about possible problems with sound cards and other programs. It seems some voice programs do not release the sound card once the PTT has been released which means a second program cannot access the sound card.AFAIK Shoot does release the sound card so the only issue would be if RW or AVC does not release. If this were the case then once you had used AVC Shoot would no longer respond.Two courses of action.1) As Shoot is free why not try it and see if it works.2) Ask on the AVC web site forum if AVC does release its grip on the sound card, in fact the question may already have been answered.I cannot comment on if it does or doesn't work as it is not an issue with me. I run 2PCs for on line flying as Shoot uses a seperate PC and sound card from AVC.EDIT: You may also want to check out Flight Assistant which is similar to Shoot.Good luck.Dave

Thanks for the added info to the subject Dave! Looking for to try Shoot out in an online environment as soon as I find some time learning all the online stuff.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Richard,Thanks for the info on 'Shoot' I had just about got there myself. I have also used 'Shoot' to solve the 'cargo doors' problem.

Guest iflyswa

Thanks for the help! I'm going to try out Shoot with AVC tonight and see what happens!

Guest zth

Hi Guys,I've posted this in another thread, but here it is again, for those who might be interested: I've compiled a complete collection of commands to control the PMDG 737 (v1.3) in FS2004 with Shoot 1.6.3. The commands focus on the 737, but also include a few relevant general FS2004 commands.Download here:http://www.fshungary.com/zth/pmdg_737-7q8_fs2004.xmlGreetings,Zoltan Hegedus

Hi Zoltan,Looked at your xml-file, great work you've put in it - thanks for sharing!Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest gulyas_laszlo

Kir