Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bockscar

Why only one throttle controllable??

Guest Bockscar

Hello,737 NG 1.2Now whenever I use the throttle (either my MS Joystick slider or the F3/F4 key and such) only the port engine responds. The mouse can still be used, although that is impractical.Thanks for any ideas.Scott M.

Guest Bockscar

Hey Vin,I looked into that. I am no expert with MSFS, but my "slider" is associated with "Throttle." I tried to assign it to an engine specifically, but it will only allow me to associate it with one input. I assume the generic Throttle is a catch all. Not to mention, the keyboard only controls one engine as well! The starboard thorttle will not move when F2, F3, or F4 is pused. The mouse can be used to select either one (and they both respond with thrust).I dunno. Maybe a I pushed a button or something somewhere along the way that got something messed up. Dang, I get tired of dickering with computers to get things/keep things working.Scott M. >Check your joystick assignments. You seem to have the>throttle of your joystick assigned to only one engine.>>>Vin

Guest jumpjet

HiAnother possibilty is that throttles have just gone out synch, it happens occasionally on my system.The Flight Simulator default key for re-synching your throttles, is to use the E key on the keyboard and rapidly press the number keys on the main keyboard (not the numpad) representing each engine. So for a twin engine that would be E 1 2 quickly or for a four engined aircraft E 1 2 3 4.Unfortunately, this does not always work, especially for commercial add-on aircraft.If you use the fully registered vewrsion of FSUIPC 3.xxx, then there a setting page in FSUIPC for assigning keys. It includes an option for assigning a key to re-synch the throttles. If my throttles go out of synch, leaving me with just 1 engine under control, then I just press the T key to fix it.CheersGrahamEDIT: if you did want to un-synch the throttles on purpose, you would press E then the engine number you want to control. So if you just pressed E 4, then the throttle will ONLY control number 4 engine. Re-synch them by pressing E 1 2 3 4 again for full control of all engines (hopefully!)

I have had this happen with stock FS planes and it's not the key assignements. Do you start FS9 with one of the stock a/c? If you do this and use one of the stock twins you should not have any problem. Also make sure that if you use a stock a/c that everything is off 'except' the avionics and you should get a 'dark cockpit' when you switch to the B737NG.

Hi ScottYou probably pressed the E key by mistake. And it's really hard to re-sync again.I un-assigned the E key from the throttle selection in FS key assingments and haven't had the problem since.Hope it helps,

Guest Paragon

Oh man...I remember doing that while on approach to EGLL flying Vatsim and this was the CS727. I just caught the VOR and then...well not a pretty sight. After that I deleted the E key asssignment from the list too. :)

Guest Bockscar

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I'll give them a try tonight. I think I'll definitly delete that "e" key assignment. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford split throttle quadrant controllers. For now, I'll focus on other aspects of ATP life :)

Guest rcarlson123

This has happened to me a few times as well. I couldn't find any solution for resyncing the throttles or to regain control of the unresponsive engine. I ended up having to reload the aircraft, which of course meant reprogramming the FMC in the middle of my flight, etc.After reading this thread, I think I must have inadvertently pressed the E key and got my throttles out of sync. From time to time when I fly, I type a message to ATC (I fly on VATSim 99% of the time) but forget to enter the chat box first, so my typing goes to the aircraft as commands. Kinda funny to see the view change, hear the gear drop, etc, when all you meant to do was talk to ATC. :)The throttle de-sync actually provided me with some added fun on VATSim once ... I had departed KATL on my way to KDEN, and during the climb I noticed that only one engine was responding to the throttle inputs. I tried in vain to fix it, and instead of reloading the aircraft, I decided to call the Atlanta controller and ask to be vectored back to the field for an urgent landing. It was pretty fun. I had to use the autothrottles all the way in. I then reloaded the aircraft when I got back to the gate, and started my flight over.If it happens again I'll probably use the FSUIPC option to resync the throttles.