Sign in to follow this  
Guest moshe_be

Okay...so what is THIS image?

Guest moshe_be

Why wonder, here are perfect reasons for them to be written on the windows:1) The passengers want to sleep, so this blocks some windows.2) The texture accidently came up on the windows, and you decided to play with it and ask us for a reason why it's there3) Randomly chosen.4) To imply that PMDG only works on Windows.5) They wanted to display "Happy New Year" on the windows, but got confused with the letters.

Guest NPreston

Are you checking for texture alignment?Because jeez, that texture makes it look like it just came off the Boeing assembly line. :-eek I've already got my repaint list set up for this one! :-hahNick :-abduct

Easy, the PMDG B738 will have a code hidden somewhere in the MCDU that turns the windows into a slot machine.Ka-chink! Jackpot!

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest Matthew Murray

I am going to say that the B738 has inset windows blinds which are textured differently from the fuselage? no?

______________________________[bR]Matthew Murray,Boeing 737NG Captain.[bR]

It is so the end user (us) can have his/her personal reg on the aircrafts outside skin.

Eric 

Guest Franken

Haven't got a clue - but I sure would like to see more of the plane. :)

Guest Toni Rauch

Has it got anything to do with the Microsoft Windows logo (monochrome) painted half way up the tail fin?Toni.

Captains-So a few of you recognized the N738PM as the tail number for PMDG's new 737-800....Anyone wonder why the nubmers were written in the windows?Here, look closer!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/avsim/whatisit2.jpgSo- anyone want to see a bit more of the airplane? Anyone?No?Okay... maybe tomorrow then.....:-lol

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest mike_cyul

Cuz that's where Boeing puts the numbers until the aircraft is painted?Next picture, please!:)Mike F.

mhmm,maybe this is painted in the windows because this is the BBJ variant which has no seats in the back part of the cabin?just my 2 cents....janosch

Guest wkzzo

Well Boeing does this for B2 flights out of Seattle(KBFI) on unpainted aircraft, so they dont conflict with temporary B1 registration numbers flights out of Renton. Or if there are multiple B1 flights out of rentonUsually an aircraft is painted for its B2 flights(if unsat on B1) ,but if for some reason it is not (such as a BBJ)numbers on the spraylat(green clearcoat on the aluminum) get wiped off and temp numbers are placed in the windows as a matter of convenience.As for why on the PMDG plane? BBJ -800?

Guest KevinShea

I think it is because we will have control over raising and lowering the shades on the plane!!!Kevin

Guest ToMy Li

Hey Captain Randazzo why don't you post some shots about the panel? heheheeh :-roll Thanks!!!

>Captains->>So a few of you recognized the N738PM as the tail number for>PMDG's new 737-800....>>Anyone wonder why the nubmers were written in the windows?>>Here, look closer!>>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/avsim/whatisit2.jpg>>>>So- anyone want to see a bit more of the airplane? Anyone?>>No?>>Okay... maybe tomorrow then.....>>:-lol>>No, I do want to see something more about the B738!!!Also the cockpit would be nice.Regards,ramon.